Mann Bracken

jbg57

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I just recieved a summons via USPS mail form Mann Bracken to appear in Court for a charged off Discover card in the amount of 2365 dollars. I was wondering if it is too late to offer a settlement the court date is set for Feb 5. Also does it make a difference that I got the card in North Carolina and would be a NC contract.

• 2 weeks later...

They sued me and my atty. was able to settle before going to court. He got the papers late and had even filed preliminary objections. They settled for about 35% of the total amount. It took two phone calls. You could try it w/o an atty. if you have the time before you have to respond. I didn't. Hope this helps. Put payment in full on the check.

well nascar, it was an old discover card from about 2001 and i last paid on it in 2003.

i moved out of nc in 2008

i did great having an attorney negotiate this settlement on my behalf because i did not have the time to when i could have just not paid anything due to sol,

but i guess im just sol...

at least mannbracken will have some money for me...8-)