Bragging Board, What have you paid off???

whocares

I am so thrilled, I have paid off Dell...I owed them 31.93 and I just paid them off...I let a small balance run for awhile to prove I could handle payments....

Well Dell is paid off and JCP is next....

I would love for this to be an ongoing thread so we can keep track of how much debt we as a group have paid off this year...

• Like 1

Great idea!

Nothing yet, but my goals for this month are to pay off my Blair credit card at $125 and my Newport News at $96.

February will be for tackling Penney's at $250. Then Penney's is getting closed! I've been stuck at the crappy $300 limit for almost 2 years now. :roll:

Ya might want to think twice before closing any cards right now, seems issuers are dumping card holders left and right...I would hate to see you become creditless...

Just sock drawer the card it has no fees...JMHO:wink:

This month, I paid off a traffic ticket and another fine I got because my dog nipped my youngest and my ex decided to make a major case out of it. Long story for another time. I also paid $486 to my BK trustee to catch up on two payments I was behind on. That $ includes this month's payment. Paid down my sewer bill $206 is left. Unfortunately I won't be able to make a full month's mortgage payment this month, thanks in part to the huge trustee payment that was made. Hopefully, I can get back on track next month.

Deanna, do you mind if I ask how you get small loans at little loan places around town? What kind of loan places are they?

We've paid (with the help of that big dental reimbursement check I mentioned plus the hubby selling some much-loved music equipment, that was hard for him to do):

My new Target card off (was only $67, but still)

Macy's (buh-bye!)

His Sam's Club (do we really need to owe balances to TWO Sam's cards??)

Kay's (he now outright owns two diamond earrings, only one of which he wears - should I get a second man??)

8-)

Kay's (he now outright owns two diamond earrings, only one of which he wears - should I get a second man??)

A second man? Now that wil cost ya!!

Sell the extra diamond to Red Swan.

I will post my totals later. Ive been paying like crazy using a method from a financial advisor who's name i wont mention. Dont wanta get bet up like nashville:p

Deanna, do you mind if I ask how you get small loans at little loan places around town? What kind of loan places are they?

8-)

Hmm not sure what you would call them. Probably starter loans or "finance companies." I found them in the phone book under loans. I started out with one, Atlas Credit, to build my credit a while back. Then as times got hard financially for me, I ended up with 5 open at one time. My monthly payments averaged $65 for each so that's $325 a month that I really don't have. Glad to be paying them off.

Paid off in full $2889.00 since Nov 1 , 2008. Almost 1k a month. IN mid Oct i moved from a rental house to an apt and cut my monthly living expensives by 55 %. Also we (3 people) quit eating at fast food restaurants and junk from gas stations.

I will pay off $650 more on feb 1st leaving only 2 credit cards left. One is Circuit city- maybe they will lose my info in all the confusion. Wishful thinking i know.

I shall be DEBT FREE FOREVER in 2009!!

Paid off in full $2889.00 since Nov 1 , 2008. Almost 1k a month. IN mid Oct i moved from a rental house to an apt and cut my monthly living expensives by 55 %. Also we (3 people) quit eating at fast food restaurants and junk from gas stations.

I will pay off $650 more on feb 1st leaving only 2 credit cards left. One is Circuit city- maybe they will lose my info in all the confusion. Wishful thinking i know.

I shall be DEBT FREE FOREVER in 2009!!

Congratulations! You have really made some outstanding changes!

What a great thread...keep the stories coming:)++

Awesome! Do you have a plan for all the money you were paying to debt? :)

I'll probably save that money for a while, if it still available. The other half may take a pay cut at work of about 2k a month, so we might not have access to all that cash we've paid down the debt with. Regardless, what we did while we had the extra cash will help if we do loose the income.

Right now I'm only making payments on my credit cards and loan.

The personal loan I have with Colorado East Bank in trust was in the amount of approximately $1,400. The minimum payment is only $30 per month. At this rate it may take a few years to pay it off. I could make much higher payments, but I'd rather save the money.