whocares

Bragging Board, What have you paid off???

Mint told me: "Hi there,

You exceeded the $10 monthly budget you set for Restaurants by $1,030 in February.

To view details go here: ....

Cheers,

The Mint Team"

Mint really cracks me up when they mis-label transactions. I had to see what it was this time, and it turned out to be the two payments we made to Hooters cards.

Mint thought we spent $1,030 at Hooters! :lol: That's a lot of wings! Or a lot of something!

Chase is NOW closed, They did ask me why I wanted to close this wonderful account? And the benefits that went with it?

I said Cause I was rate jacked and did not like it, I have a zero balance and do not wish to do business with Chase!!!!:mrgreen:

I feel terrible.

I've only paid off 2 small Macy and Target balances. But I have paid off a ton of hospital bills from when my husband appendix ruptured and he turned septic. He was in ICU for 1 week and the hospital for 3. Tons of hospital bills, even with insurance.

Does it count that I've been working more on my hospital bills instead of my high balance Home Depot and Hooters?

I really need to work on paying them OFF.

At 3:30 this afternoon, we paid off our new house! The closing agent gave my hubby a can of pop and our real estate agent said "I bet you won't even finish your drink this will be so fast."

We signed a few papers, handed her the cashier's check, and it's ours!

Total cost: $13,597.80 + the tax penalty for withdrawing the IRA, which we'll have to plan for paying next tax season or increase our withholdings for the remainder of this year. Either way, we are now home owner's - with no mortgage.

:BigDance::wave::PartyTime:

I've also paid off an old Charter bill that we had forgotten about when we moved last fall, misc. medical bills, and I have a zero balance on my one and only credit card. Have zero collections and intend to keep it that way. We've never been this close to being totally debt free and I must say, it feels damn good! Good enough to keep working at it until it's all gone! Student loans and car payment...NEXT!

WOW! Great Job!

I wish I could not have a mortgage.

I did pay off the IRS today.

By the end of this week I will have paid off my fall cruise. I don't carry any balances so paying off fun things is what I do. :) Using that money to pay off the house just isn't fun enough...

I feel terrible.

I've only paid off 2 small Macy and Target balances. But I have paid off a ton of hospital bills from when my husband appendix ruptured and he turned septic. He was in ICU for 1 week and the hospital for 3. Tons of hospital bills, even with insurance.

Does it count that I've been working more on my hospital bills instead of my high balance Home Depot and Hooters?

Hell yeah it counts! Don't feel terrible. The goal is to pay off debt-any kind of debt! I say you're doing good! :twothumbsup:

Just paid off HSBC card/paid Hooters off last mo. In 2 wks will pay off BP Chase & 2 wks later will pay off Lowes. We hope to have all cards and charge accts paid by xmas time. What a heady feeling it is every time I can say PIF.

At 3:30 this afternoon, we paid off our new house! The closing agent gave my hubby a can of pop and our real estate agent said "I bet you won't even finish your drink this will be so fast."

We signed a few papers, handed her the cashier's check, and it's ours!

Total cost: $13,597.80 + the tax penalty for withdrawing the IRA, which we'll have to plan for paying next tax season or increase our withholdings for the remainder of this year. Either way, we are now home owner's - with no mortgage.

:BigDance::wave::PartyTime:

I've also paid off an old Charter bill that we had forgotten about when we moved last fall, misc. medical bills, and I have a zero balance on my one and only credit card. Have zero collections and intend to keep it that way. We've never been this close to being totally debt free and I must say, it feels damn good! Good enough to keep working at it until it's all gone! Student loans and car payment...NEXT!

EXCELLENT I love being Mortgage free!!!! YOU Rock!!!:wink:

Just paid off HSBC card/paid Hooters off last mo. In 2 wks will pay off BP Chase & 2 wks later will pay off Lowes. We hope to have all cards and charge accts paid by xmas time. What a heady feeling it is every time I can say PIF.

Great JOB!!!! I'm so proud of everyone!~!!!8-)

I got lucky last week - was sued for an old repo. They tried to postpone that morning - judge said no dice. They sent a collection rep instead of a lawyer.

Found out they were trying to pull a fast one and sue me for $500 that had already been paid during my father's Chap 13 (cosigned the loan), so when I started challenging the number in court, they finally agreed to that and took that off. Then about halfway through the judge asked if we had tried to settle this - I said they wouldn't talk to me (when I spoke to the lawyer that morning about the postponement, I told him I couldn't negotiate while driving down the highway as I thought it was unsafe, but told him I was looking to make a deal but would not sign a voluntary judgement as part of the deal - he said they were going to seek the judgement and basically hung up on me).

Anyways, the collection rep was from the OC directly, not the lawyers office. Turns out the lawyers were getting 20% of the TOTAL - so they were going to go nuts and sue for everything and not take a deal since it would lower their cut.

Turns out the collection chick was willing to deal -- and I cut another 500 off!!!

$1800 settled for a lawsuit of close to $3000 --- and NO JUDGEMENT!!!!

I call it a win.

Someone asked what we're going to do now with no mortgage...well we're currently on just one income so there isn't a lot of extra at this moment. I'm focusing on the work we have to do to the new house but hope to get a new job within the next couple of months.

I also just paid the state of Minnesota our tax bill. Also on my way to the airport now,(love my Blackberry!) heading out for a week in AZ that's all paid for. I might use my CC to pay for my rental car but I have the amount already subtracted from my bank balance either way.

All this and a year ago I was losing a home and in bankruptcy! I guess that means it worked for us as intended - our lives and habits really haved changed.

What did you do to get your mortgage paid? How much did you pay between last year and this?

I could live mortgage free if I sold this house and bought a condo on the beach... but the rest of the family would have live in sleeping bags on the beach. ;)

The only way we can get back at the banks/credit cards is to pay cards off then use them each a couple of times a year n pif to keep a tradeline good.

So as Flo would say ( im showing my age now) KISS my grits. Shame on u for raising my int.rate n lowering my limit.

Updating this thread...Since I last posted I have paid off the other house we bought and am looking at another cash deal.

Paid off Target, and Walmart !!!

Now back to more normal posts 8-)

Congrats to all - especially to those who are mortgage free!! I am jealous

Paid off Penneys and Home Depo last month! :woot:

Updating this thread...Since I last posted I have paid off the other house we bought and am looking at another cash deal.
Congratulations!!!!

We're working towards paying down debt right now. Wife and I discussed moving but we're going to hunker down and save a bit more overthe next year. Two weeks ago I wrote a $13000 check and paid off the second mortgage on our home. Last night I received the letter confirmingt the lien was released. I think we've managed to achieve roughly 25% equity, even in this crappy market! It isn't a new car and it isn't a bigger house, but it feels pretty darn good.

The rental property is another story. I have been accelerating the mortgage by $250 every month to pay it down. But it is such a slow process. I've only paid down the note by $12,000 over the past two years.....$184,000 more to go!

Congratulations!!!!

We're working towards paying down debt right now. Wife and I discussed moving but we're going to hunker down and save a bit more overthe next year. Two weeks ago I wrote a $13000 check and paid off the second mortgage on our home. Last night I received the letter confirmingt the lien was released. I think we've managed to achieve roughly 25% equity, even in this crappy market! It isn't a new car and it isn't a bigger house, but it feels pretty darn good.

The rental property is another story. I have been accelerating the mortgage by $250 every month to pay it down. But it is such a slow process. I've only paid down the note by $12,000 over the past two years.....$184,000 more to go!

You Rock!!! A little at a time.

Thanks. You really did it right though. Buy these properties with cash. In my area, that is just not possible. They sell ghetto homes with no roof or windows for $25,000. On the positive side, I think I'll be cash positive this year. I raised rents from $1315/month to $1700/month over two years and I am still WAY WAY below market. The next door neighbor did a little rehab and now gets $2800/month in rent!

I think the key is to stick to a one year plan and a five year plan. And stop thinking about these things day to day!

I used the $8K first-time home buyer stimulus money to pay off my IRS tax lien. (it feels strange taking out a $80K mortgage to pay off a $8K debt...)

I had been making payments to the IRS (plus they kept all refunds, etc.) since 2000. The excitement of getting rid of that debt almost exceeds my excitement on having my own home!

Then, I was waiting until after I closed on my house to refinance my car, but with the $200/month I'm saving from not making IRS payments, and the $30 a month I'm saving on my housing (mortgage is cheaper than rent), I'm just going to pay off my car by the end of the year! I could probably do it sooner, but I'm trying to build more savings - just in case.

kleep- you seem to be on board with THE plan!!! More assets, less liabilities. Great job!!!

Updating this thread...How is everyone doing?:)++