Long time lurker

Hello folks. New here but I've lurked for a while. I heard about this site from my brother and I've learned a lot from you all. I've got a question for you all. I recently disputed some items on my credit report and I got a dunning letter in the mail from RJM. It's for a debt that I may or may not be on the hook for when I lived in Texas a few years ago. I'm not sure what the date of last activity was but I think it was the summer of 2004.

My question is, should I DV RJM at this point or not rock the boat until the SOL in Florida passes? August would be the absolute latest point for the SOL. I did read something on here about a Florida borrowing statute that would let me use the SOL for Texas. Is that true also?

Thank you for your help

I do kinda want to wait it out but I think it's a Catch-22 at this point. I had the TL removed from my EX and TU reports after disputing it with the CRA's and that's why I got a dunning letter. I recently moved and they somehow had my new address. THAT is what creeps me out.

Do I DV and risk the lawsuit or not DV and risk losing my opportunity to DV? Tough question. What do you think?

The funny thing is the debt is under a name I've never used.