Sign in to follow this  
guyer6719

Not exactly deby related...but sort of...

I think the answer to my question is "no", but I want to be sure. This is sort of debt related as well. Here's the situation. A young man leases a car with a cosigner. He doesn't make the payments and the company who has been hired to investigate and recover the vehicle is pulling out all the stops. The young man takes the car to the manufacturer's service department for service and a checkup. The recovery company is tipped off as the the vehicle's whereabouts. Can the recovery company legally send a tow-truck driver to...let's say...Chrysler's service lot to take the car?

Why wouldn't they be able to take it?

The only place they can't take it is locked up on your personal property in a garage...and even then they MAY take it and you have to sue them for B & E.

Admin...

Guess what? They took the car this weekend. I thought for some reason that since that the repo couldn't come on the dealer's lot to take the car...maybe that the dealer would be liable if anything happened to the car while in their posession. Anyway...the young man called to ask for more time to come get the car and was informed that it was towed away and taken back to where it was purchased.

Moral of the story...pay your bills...

Moral of the story...pay your bills...

I agree.

I had my car repoed while getting repaired. It's the best case scenario for the repo man. The service shop isn't going to get in the middle of the dispute. So, they'll turn the car over in a heartbeat.