brjmhome6

Start To Finish Winning Against Midland Funding Aka Jdb!

Well that guy kinda of rubbed me the wrong way. I probably need to be a little clearer and not beat around the bush so much, but thanks. :)%

I agree; I was very offended by the things he said!:BanHim:

Edited by cyndi101

Here is an idea- PAY YOUR DEBTS!

Here's a better idea.....F*** you, mind your own business. And I do not stutter. After Coltfan mops the floor with you, try me next. I just love a good conversation with someone who has the intellect of a tree stump.

Sorry in adavance, Admin, but enough is enough.

Thanks for posting this. I used a lot of your advice against Midland, also in the 22nd Circuit of Missouri. EXCEPT I filed a counterclaim for FDCPA violations. They basically begged me for a mutual dismissal yesterday. The lawyer seemed pretty upset when I called "READY FOR TRIAL" yesterday. Not to mention they're three days late replying to my discovery! Filing my MSJ on the petition and counterclaim tomorrow, so it looks like I'll be walking out with $1,000 of THEIR money! I'll post a new thread with everything I filed at the conclusion of the trial. Thanks again!

I have paid the settlement amount for Kramer & Frank by selling everything that I own and before the date on the letter and they still will not dismiss my case. I don't even know what else to do at this point.

I called "Meredith" this morning and asked her if my payment has cleared because it has been taken out of my account and she said they have it but it will have to wait another week when my court date is in 4 days. When I made the payment with Heather on the 8th she said that would give it plenty of time to clear before my court date and that it would be dismissed.

What else can they want from someone?? Yes, it was my debt but they shouldn't be able to completely destroy someone over a small amount of money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

start a new thread use these questions

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/242744-qs-answer-when-posting-forum-please-read.html

I have paid the settlement amount for Kramer & Frank by selling everything that I own and before the date on the letter and they still will not dismiss my case. I don't even know what else to do at this point.

I called "Meredith" this morning and asked her if my payment has cleared because it has been taken out of my account and she said they have it but it will have to wait another week when my court date is in 4 days. When I made the payment with Heather on the 8th she said that would give it plenty of time to clear before my court date and that it would be dismissed.

What else can they want from someone?? Yes, it was my debt but they shouldn't be able to completely destroy someone over a small amount of money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by HonestPersonMI View Post

Too bad. People who fight rather than paying their debts make credit less available for the rest of us. Pay back what you borrow!

Look I fully understand your mindset. You work for Midland and they are cowards and no more than a school yard bully. That's just a fact. But just because Midland won't fight does not mean we should all take your lead and be spineless wimps that bend over on command and say thank you may I have another.

Which forum did this idiot post in? I can't find it here.

Which forum did this idiot post in? I can't find it here.

I think he/she got removed by one of the administrators because he/she caused so much uproar. I saw it when it was first posted, and it was not nice!

This is a fantastic resource, while I am not being sued by them yet--I anticipate it based on how they do business. So I shall be studying this and using it to my advantage. Thank you!

This is a fantastic resource, while I am not being sued by them yet--I anticipate it based on how they do business. So I shall be studying this and using it to my advantage. Thank you!

I agree, this is a fantastic resource. Without it, I don't think I would have been able to go up against these guys and win!

This was actually the thread that inspired me to join this community and seek out some excellent advice when it came to being harassed by Midland. It's one of the best David vs Goliath victories ever. It also clearly illustrates how diabolical this company is and how vile those in the legal community that do their dirty work for them really are. I was so aware of their tactics when I had my final say with these fools I included how aware I was of the mounting legal losses they were encountering these days and if they pulled any of their nonsense on me I'd be fully prepared which included trying to trash up my credit report. All I needed was the information that this place offers.

As for blaming a debtor on the financial woes of this country it's a comment that long ago went in one ear and out the other for me. A collection agency who has been sued successfully for unethical procedures has no call on what is ethical. They've done nothing more than pay a few penny's to harass a complete stranger in every way possible short of holding a gun to their head for a fast buck.

The O.C. in my opinion carries the largest responsibility when it comes to satisfying an over due debt. Do they really offer "fair" solutions to the debtor so that they can pay them back? Immediately calling and saying give it all or else isn't exactly the most wise approach to someone who obviously is going through financial problems. Threatening to immediately destroy their name in credit isn't exactly a respectful choice. In my case I endured all of this while calling and trying desperately to work with the O.C. All of it was met with an I don't care attitude on their part. Pay up now or else was their motto. I took the or else and they quickly wrote it off ( their choice ) and handed it to the unethical thug to start harassing me.

The O.C. in my opinion carries the largest responsibility when it comes to satisfying an over due debt. Do they really offer "fair" solutions to the debtor so that they can pay them back?

This is discussed on this board all the times. I can't even begin to count how many times I've read about a creditor turning down 50 cents on the dollar from a consumer, only to turn around and sell the account to a junk debt buyer for five to eight cents on the dollar.

While we know it usually does not happen, even if it did, what good does it do the original creditor even if the junk debt buyer collects 100 cents on the dollar?

Even if you have a consumer willing to pay you 20 cents on the dollar in a lump sum payment, what the hell kind of sense does it make to turn down that offer and then sell the account for even 10 cents on the dollar?

Of course why am I really questioning this. The banks all failed, so obviously I think I just answered my own questions on why they do what they do. Their stupid and the know the gov will just bail them out when they go belly up.

I can see a creditor saying no to a cheap settlement right at being late or while the default is still "fresh" so to speak. I see them as not wanting to set a precedent of just missing a payment and then getting a 50 cents on the dollar deal. Actually agree with that.

However, when the next day you're selling the account for eight cents on the dollar and you get offered anything above eight cents on the dollar and don't take it, explain that one to me?

the banks take a tax deduction for bad debts.

then the same banks give the JDB's a credit line so they can buy more bad debt

then the JDB's pay them back witn interest.

I made the mistake of not answering Midlands request for admissions, interrogatories and request for production of documents. I have since then received a "motion for summary judgement and brief in support"

My question Is it to late to fight back? If not what documents do I need to supply them?

Plz help

I made the mistake of not answering Midlands request for admissions, interrogatories and request for production of documents. I have since then received a "motion for summary judgement and brief in support"

My question Is it to late to fight back? If not what documents do I need to supply them?

Plz help

Your post would be seen more if you start a new thread of your own. :)++

Also, include some details without revealing too much to give away your identity.

Let us know who the original creditor was and a ballpark amount they are trying to collect. Also, what year was the alleged account opened and what year was the default.

Also, know that you only have a few days to file an opposition to a summary judgment.

Your post would be seen more if you start a new thread of your own. :)++

Also, include some details without revealing too much to give away your identity.

Let us know who the original creditor was and a ballpark amount they are trying to collect. Also, what year was the alleged account opened and what year was the default.

Also, know that you only have a few days to file an opposition to a summary judgment.

Thank you Linda7 I created a new thread

I live in South Dakota. I just received a garnishment summons from LVNV Funding for a credit card that has been closed for several years. The SOL in South Dakota is 6 years and the credit card, I believe, would have been closed back in 2004 or 2005. I'm not sure how I would find that out for sure as I do not want to contact these people to find out. Anyway, if the SOL applies, how do I go about getting them to stop this garnishment on the terms that the SOL applies? HELP. I KNOW NOTHING about these situations. I don't even know what the balance was when it was closed out, but they are telling me I owe $2533.

I don't have any info on this credit card. It was probably opened sometime around 1997 and when I separated from my husband in 2004, I think I probably closed it out in 2005. How do I find this information out? My credit report? Also, I get paid next week, so I imagine the garnishment will start already before I can even contest it?

All,

I am so glad I found this forum. I need some advice. I am being sued by midland funding. I answered the papers with a denial and had a pre-trial. The judge advised me to get a lawyer so that I don't lose the case because I do not know the law and scheduled a hearing in 90 days.

I just received the questions papers talked about on here from Midlands lawyers asking for admit ion and documentation (as well as my last rest room visit...). I found this site and I hope I can get some help and/or answers.

Should i get an attorney?

Do I have to answer these papers from the lawyers (and give them my SS#, income, etc)?

Should I send them the same papers asking for all of this information from them?

This suit is in regards to an online account I had with Dell. I seriously do not recall ever having to sign papers as I opened this account back in 2002. The papers that the lawyers sent me today are stating that I had a (physical) credit card with some bank. I have never had a credit card for the Dell account and have no idea about a bank that was used for this online account. The whole thing just sounds fishy and so far totally incorrect. I DID have a balance owed to Dell because they sent me a laptop that broke in about a month and after fighting for a few months to get it fixed, etc I finally told them that until they send me a working laptop I will not pay the bill. So 3 or 4 years later (about 2 years ago) I got a call from a credit collections place. I worked out a deal to subtract all the finance charges and late fees and just pay what I owed. For a few months they called me monthly for the payments and I paid. They stopped calling. I stopped paying. I assumed it was paid off. I seriously do not recall all the details.

Now I am here, being sued by this Midland Funding company. The documents they have are from Dell. They show my account history with Dell up to a couple of payments that I made to the collection people. The original papers had a generic purchase agreement with not account info on it and attached had my Dell history.

Any advice on how to move forward would be GREATLY appreciated.

One last note: When the lawyer showed up at the pre-hearing he sat down in the hall by me and asked if I was denying the denying the debt. I said "I do not know anything about the information in those papers." He said "so you are denying that you owe this dept?" I said, "We can talk about it in there (and pointed to the court room). He got pretty irritated and stood up and walked into the court room. He didn't say another word to me the entire time. The judge said what he had to say (mentioned above) and the lawyer walked out. This guy was a jerk and the judge seemed to "be on my side". he basically told me to get a lawyer so that I could win this. At least that is how it seemed.

I just received a summons from midland funding, and have been reading on the process. So far i know i should send an answer to the courts and a copy to the plaintiff. But not sure how defensible my case is. Attached to the complaint i received is a statement from the OC Dell financial with my name, 2 previous addresses, last 4 of account number, and an itemized list of purchase from account including last balance of 1500 and last payment date. Also something saying the SOL is august, 2013.

Is this typical or does it seem they have more information about the account then normal and would not be worth defending?

Thanks for all the detailed correspondence I really hope that this can help me although I am in California and have only started this process and journey. Wish me luck. I have already learned a whole lot from this thread as to how to respond in court. If I end up in court which I probaby will I am going to re-read this. Execellent thanks for all your time in posting this information.

I just received a summons from midland funding, and have been reading on the process. So far i know i should send an answer to the courts and a copy to the plaintiff. But not sure how defensible my case is. Attached to the complaint i received is a statement from the OC Dell financial with my name, 2 previous addresses, last 4 of account number, and an itemized list of purchase from account including last balance of 1500 and last payment date. Also something saying the SOL is august, 2013.

Is this typical or does it seem they have more information about the account then normal and would not be worth defending?

Start your own tread and answer these questions. You will get the help you ask.

My site is as MidlandFunding.me

The slime law firm for Midland backed off in a big way when i asked them to supply the number of lawsuits they filed in the last 12 months and what lawyers names were on those lawsuits.

make sure to make it known to them you are considering a counterclaim and defense seeking to declare the attorneys vexatious litigators and violators of the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct and its analog in your jurisdiction. These sleazy junk debt lawyers file thousands of lawsuits a month and have no clue as to the facts or merit of the cases. This conduct is a per se breach of attorney ethics and it puts them at risk of being declared a vexatious litigator. Midland funding's billion dollar business would come crashing down if they were declared a vexatious litigator.