crzygrl4241

Received dispute results back from TU...strange result

Hi all,

Thank you in advance for reading this. I'm a bit upset at the moment as it seems my dispute with TU has actually done more harm than good. :(

I disputed 3 collections with them and 2 were deleted. The one that was verified is with Cavalry. I sent them a very angry letter as they are re-aging this account. I believe I can get acct history to prove this and re-dispute, but a bit discouraging.

I also disputed a 90 day late on my CR. It came back updated and they removed the late. Great news right!? Welll.... I went out to order my FICO (couldn't resist) and my FICO has gone down.

After I looked into it, not only is the 90 day late still there on the MyFICO report but now it's listed twice. Also, there is a new collection on my report that I have never heard of!

Any ideas what can be going on here? I will DV the new collection, but why would the letter from TU say one thing and MyFICO another?

So bummed...

Hi all,

but why would the letter from TU say one thing and MyFICO another?

They use different databases. Remember that data furnishers submit info to the CRAs in an undisciplined manner. By that I mean, DFs don't always report to every CRA. If they do, they report on different days or with different frequency. Unless your credit is very stable and nothing is going on, it would be a miracle that on any given day all the CRAs are showing the exact same thing.

Now, I'm not going to give advice on the other issues. I'll just comment that "cleaning" ones credit is an art rather than a science. That means it is hard to predict exactly what is going to happen.

Sometimes, disputes can cause your score to fall. For example, if you disputed an older item that came back verified, it is likely your score would fall. Why? Because the fact that it was verified updates the last contact to the current date and the scoring model sees it an fresh info. Recent negative items are worse than old negative items. You just made it appear recent.

Just one minute on the soapbox. Don't live you life by a credit score. You are not the sum of your credit score. All of us have too durn much consumer credit and we need to get that out of our lives.

Good luck

Thank you Wiser Now. I believe you are right about the credit score and I need to try to remember that credit repair is not an easy or overnight process. Sometimes the set backs are difficult, but this forumn helps a lot.

Appreciate the information on the different databases as well. That makes a lot of sense. I think I will re-dispute with TU and send them the very letter they send me saying that the TL was corrected. Hopefully they will see that and delete the double listing.

:)++

In you new letter to TU, be very specific as to whats wrong, don't just say "This is wrong" Say something like this account is listed 2 times. The account is incorrect, I always send a copy of the report with the items I wanted removed highighted. It made it easier for me to see what I was talking about, and if your disputing more than 1 thing, highlight in 2 different colors.

Good luck to you

I had the same problem on an account that was charged off. I sent TU a copy of their report showing the listings two times. They sent the new report showing the account one time and a statement the account was deleted. I waited 30 days and got a new report and sent in the statement about the account being deleted Needless to say I was real happy when they responded by deleting the 2nd of the two!!