Brock Landers

Citibank Settlement

just wanted to let you guys all know, Citibank is sending out letters once you hit 120 days late OFFERING 40% settlements. I was a little shocked as not one call was required to them, they offered up 40% and it was a good offer. I tried to get 30% but they would not budge. So 40% it is. Not a bad deal.

they are closing some offices and combining some. they closed down the one i deal with and sent me to another office. i wish they would settle with me but i'm not behind with them.

Citi has done a 180. Once upon a time they were among the most difficult to reach a settlement with and they were also known for not selling delinquent debt. Now it's a game of hot potato. They can't get rid of them fast enough.

Will they allow you to make payments, or do you have to have the 40% available and settle in full?

Thanks in advance!

up to 3 payments is accepted...so 3 months out to settle is not at all bad.

I can't write you direct yet - I have to post 15 times first and it's 3AM - please write me

about helping me with my debt or the two companies that arent hacks - I like making money and paying my bills on time. All of this settlement has me losing $ and sleep.

Preformanced based and smaller fee or a simple abc approach

Citi has sent my account to their collections lawyers at around 90 to 100 days out. They are threatening me with a lawsuit and when I mentioned settling, they said 80% was all I get and they would not budge. Based on my research, I see that Citi is still sue happy and very difficult to deal with.

Some people are just lucky I suppose.

Just my experience (and others via my research)

Mcstiggens

Citi has sent my account to their collections lawyers at around 90 to 100 days out. They are threatening me with a lawsuit and when I mentioned settling, they said 80% was all I get and they would not budge. Based on my research, I see that Citi is still sue happy and very difficult to deal with.

Some people are just lucky I suppose.

Just my experience (and others via my research)

Mcstiggens

Banks are in such a state of flux at the moment that is hard to say with any degree of certainty what way they will go. I think the truth is there is no right answer one way or the other it varies hour by hour. (anecdotal evidence seems to suggest you will do better with a US based call centre than one which is outsourced abroad)If you float around different forums (including those that are ran by the dark side - ie collectors) you will see wildly different opinions and answers. I do not think any are necessarily right or wrong. If someone genuinely wants to settle for whatever reason with an OC my take is treat them like an airline. If you don't get the free upgrade to F from the first CSA call back and try another one. Repeat until you do get the answer you want. As always others may have a different viewpoint :dunno:

Edited by newryman

Don't blame it on the bank. Blame the time. Desperate time calls for disparate measures. How ever their issue with the customers have been rough and inconsiderable.

They need to be aware of it and we need to be aware of it too.