crzygrl4241

EQ Results back, need help interpreting dates and responses

Good evening all!

I now officially have the results of my first round of disputes back from all 3 CRAs. Equifax has definitely been the strangest as far as responses. They verified a collection account and I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar response.

In particular there is a CA for which the original debt (OC) has fallen off my report but the CA remains (re-aging). EQ responded as follows:

"The results are: Adverse accounts that have been paid in full will automatically be deleted seven years from the date of last activity. Activity. If you have additional questions please contact: Cavalry."

What the heck? I thought they are deleted after seven years from the DOFD regardless of whether paid? This looks like a canned response I'm assuming?

Also, the DOFD shows 8/2003, and the 'Date Major Delinquency first reported' as 9/2006. It is the DOFD that I care about correct?

Also, if the original debt had a DOFD of 8/2001 and is gone, then this should be too correct?

None of the CRAs will remove this TL so I think I'm going to have to get more serious and want to make sure I have all my facts straight.

I think the original creditor was Texaco, then Shell bought them and now the CA says Shell. The CRAs appear to be having trouble associating this CA TL with the OC b/c of the name (just guessing).

Thank you in advance for the help! :)++

C

The reporting period is from the DOFD that the account was never brought current from.

Thank you. :) That's what I thought.

Does anyone know if a CA can report longer than the OC for a particular debt? If the OC has fallen off and the CA is still there then that is an issue correct?

Just trying to get my ducks in a row to fight a CA for re-aging.

Thanks in advace!