I have a question our house went to the "sheriffs sale" January 4,2009. We tried working with lender (long story) We have been having trouble since 11-2007 because my husband was laid off. We worked out agreements but then they never sent the paperwork. Anyways its a VA loan back in April 2008 we recieved the demand letter but they would file then give is more time ( we didn't know) we really had no idea what was going on anyways long story short.....

1- How long is the demand letter good for. We are in texas can they wait on and off that long.

2- Talk to the VA and they said the lender had 15 days to convey the property I found out yesterday they conveyed 2-18-2009 and the sale was 1-4-2009. Is there anything illegal with that.

We are still in the home and are trying to save it. Are we fighting a loosing battle? Will we recieve notice to move out by the cops are by letter?

Sorry for so many questions....I'm just about ready to committ suicide.

Thanks,

P

Talk to a TX lawyer. Only a lawyer may be able to help you at this point.

Typically a VA backed loan goes back to the VA in the event of forclosure.

A really good lawyer may be able to give you a free or low cost consultation. Most bar associations have free or low cost lawyers in a referral service.

March 4th the new administration is going to unveil the details of their housing plan, hopefully its not too late for you, but contact a lawyer 1st thing in the morning.

The lender told me yesterday that the VA had the property. They said are only options was to buy the property again...Who is going to loan after it was forclosed on? Thanks for your help I'm going to call an attorney, to see if all the guidlines for forclosure were met.