artisticability

Sent DV, Received letter back, saying I am disputing? Is this different than DV?

Hello,

I have sent sent DV Letters out (6 total so far). I am some what over whelmed. I have read through and used search, but more confused myself than anything.

I understand that I have to send out DV to Collections agency's.

On 2/18/2009 I sent DV to CCS compaines. They were on my CRand showing an account number. I sent that into them as DV. In return today I received a letter.

Dear Mrs. blah blah,

We are in receipt of your letter requesting validation dated 2/18/2009.

We are unable to find a file with your name associated with the account number you provided (#). If you would kindly provide more information, which will assist in our investigation, we would appreciate it. If you have a notice from CCS with a file number, any previous addresses or if something is showing on your credit in regards to this file, a copy of your report.

In addition, under The Fair Credit Reporting Ace(FCRA), Section 623(a) (15 USC 1681s-2), in order to investigate your dispute, we must have from you the information required under 623(a)(8)(D). Specifically, identify the specific information that is being disputed, explain the basis for the dispute and include all supporting documentation to substantiate the basis of the dispute/

Thank you for you cooperations,

sincerely,

Credit Control Services

This is where I am lost. As I thought in DV you are not suppose to give out your SSN, and too much information. I gave account informations right off my CR as they have reported it. In addition how did this turn from a DV, to a Dispute? I am not saying its not mine, I wanted a verification/Validation?

What is included in a reply with 623?

Help me please? Suggestions? Do I write them back with info? What is my next step?:confused:

Typical CA response - they want you to do their work for them. Write them back & tell them that if they don't have any info, they should delete the trade line & that if you have to do their job for them, you want part of their paycheck!

Typical CA response - they want you to do their work for them. Write them back & tell them that if they don't have any info, they should delete the trade line & that if you have to do their job for them, you want part of their paycheck!

Is there a type of letter I should use, I want to be careful that I don't get myself into trouble. I am so new to doing this Cedit repair.

What about the 623 stuff? Is their something that makes you have to reply to them?

I would write them back and explain that you took the account number off the TL they are reporting to the CRA, and that your name and address are correct, and that you do not feel you should have to provide them with a copy of your report as it contains private information, and that if they can't validate then they need to delete it.

Send a copy of the letter to the CRA, stating that the item is unverifiable and here is the proof, in the sentence "We are unable to find a file with your name associated with the account number you provided (#)" and it needs to be deleted.

The 623 is, I believe, only done if they verify an account from a CRA dispute, not from a DV

cut and paste the tradeline from your credit report. You should write a letter stating that this is all the information that you have.

cut and paste the tradeline from your credit report. You should write a letter stating that this is all the information that you have.

I can do this, but I am I guess still confused. If they are not able to verify me by what I gave them, My names, and aka's. And what they reported on my credit report. TL

How can they find me to delete me. If they put it on I am sure they can take it off. But with out reference to this. Can I just skip them and try to fight with the big 3?

I know I shouldnt give more information, but how do I get around this and get this removed?

Still lost, please help

Read the FCRA, particularly the part they quoted to you. It calls for the consumer to send the very items they requested.

"...cut and paste..."

I agree. Send them a copy of what they have reported. Decline to send any additional info; although you can't fault them for wanting to verify that you are, indeed, you. You may wish to redact your DL or include the info on your letterhead.