aloha

anyone else still getting CLI's??

in january i got a chase freedom cc with $4500 limit. i've received one statment and made a payment in feb.

i just signed up to view my account online and there was my 2nd statement (which is probably being put into the mail as we speak...er type, because the closing date is 3/7). was i ever surprised (and happy!) to see a "congratulations - your credit line has been increased to $6000" message.

i think i like this card :)

Well, I didn't get an increase quite that large but I just got bumped up $200 on Chevron/Texaco. And my lil' 7.125% CapOne card promises a raise from $500 to $1000 upon third payment and $1500 upon seventh payment (they even sent me the stickers to motivate me to pay on time - LOL). I know they actually do come through with the increases because my husband's went up from $1,000 to $1,500 with just a keystroke when we submitted his third statement's payment.

Well, I didn't get an increase quite that large but I just got bumped up $200 on Chevron/Texaco. And my lil' 7.125% CapOne card promises a raise from $500 to $1000 upon third payment and $1500 upon seventh payment (they even sent me the stickers to motivate me to pay on time - LOL). I know they actually do come through with the increases because my husband's went up from $1,000 to $1,500 with just a keystroke when we submitted his third statement's payment.

stickers to motivate - that's cool :)

it's good to hear that are cli's happening

CL was 650, Bal on account is about 350...I just bought a set of lawn furniture...I have had the card for awhile now at 850...started at 350 last December...I have applied for a CLI online 2 times and have recieved an increase each time.

Thanks whocares!! Good to know, I have only had the card since december of 08. My CL is $400. I use the card all the time! I would love a higher limit. Maybe I'll wait a few months!!

On another note, I have had my hooters card since May of 08 and have got no love!! I use it a lot and it usually shows a balance however I just paid it off in full this month to see if that would get me anywhere!! My CL is $750. Does anyone have any ideas!!! Last time I called they said they don't do CLI on the phone that they are always reviewing accounts!!

I have gone from $2000 to $2200 to $2400 on Hooters like clockwork. This time they gave me a $400 increase to $2800. I always keep it at at 40-45% utilization so I am getting some new shoes.

damn...I've had my Hooters card over a year now and am still stuck at the original opening CL. All my other CL have increased over the last year, including some in the last few months were most are getting decreases.

Thanks whocares!! Good to know, I have only had the card since december of 08. My CL is $400. I use the card all the time! I would love a higher limit. Maybe I'll wait a few months!!

On another note, I have had my hooters card since May of 08 and have got no love!! I use it a lot and it usually shows a balance however I just paid it off in full this month to see if that would get me anywhere!! My CL is $750. Does anyone have any ideas!!! Last time I called they said they don't do CLI on the phone that they are always reviewing accounts!!

You can ask for a CLI every four months with Walmart (and I think every GEMB card).

You can push the CLI button online or you can call in. When you call in it will ask you how much you want...which could limit whether you get the increase or not. Online, if they will give you one, they will tell you what your new limit will be, and if you want to accept it, or keep your current limit.

And today Hooter's just upped me $400 without asking. :-D

They upped me $300 last month without asking. I've been a little too close to the limit lately, so they probably think they're trying to give me breathing room.

How's this for weird...

A couple of weeks ago I sent Hooters a letter since I was still stuck in my initial CL. I basically asked said:

-I've had your card over a year now

-I've never missed a payment, in fact most months I've paid if off before you even sent the statement

and asked them what do I have to do to get a CLI?

--So three days ago I get a letter from then saying they can't give me a CLI and if I want I can request in writting to find out the reasons why. (I didn't ask for a CLI just what I had to do to get one, but whatever)

--Today I get my statement in the mail and my CL has been increased $300.... So what exatcly changed in three days?

--So three days ago I get a letter from then saying they can't give me a CLI and if I want I can request in writting to find out the reasons why. (I didn't ask for a CLI just what I had to do to get one, but whatever)

--Today I get my statement in the mail and my CL has been increased $300.... So what exatcly changed in three days?

I don't quite understand them. They don't seem to hand out CLIs if you ask, but they're more than happy to give out automatic CLIs to certain customers every six months - generally those who have high utilization. I got denied when I asked for a CLI after five months, but I received three CLIs ($300 each) around the six-month, nine-month and 12-month mark.