aloha

anyone else still getting CLI's??

For Pete's sake, I haven't had a CLI for years now. Isn't anyone going to show me some love? :D

My wife got a letter (finally) from her Circuit City Visa. They closed her $9000 card. She called to find out what the scoop is and they informed her ALL cards were closed.

The last bit of love I got was 6 months ago from Discover. So, that's 1 increase and 1 decrease in the past year. All of the others have remained the same. BOO!

Once I got to 3k, Hooters stopped giving me the auto-love. I haven't had an increase from them in over a year.

I did get approved (July 2, 2009) for a Southwest Airlines card for $10K. I am guessing there is some good light at the end of the tunnel when applying for credit cards these days.

I did get the "We will contact you in 10-15 days on our decision". Then I received an email from Chase stating the approval.

So don't get discourage if you apply for a CC these days and get that statement; it could mean a good thing. :)

I have a Fred Meyers Rewards Master Card because I shop there so much. Initially it was just $500, but I use it for everything so I had to make payments 3x a week to keep some available credit on it.

I called customer service and explained that this was a hassle and causing high utilization, she she submitted me for $1500. Then in like 10 seconds BOOM denied.

I fumed about this till the next day, but I'm not one to lose, so I searched until I found the actual lending office for this Royal Bank of Scottland Fred Meyers services.

The woman on the phone made huffing sounds while I explained to her that there was no legit reason to deny me an increase, my credit was perfect and the only high utilization was the FM card, as she could plainly see I was running about $1800\mth through that card, so dont penalize me, HELP ME.

She said she would run it past her boss and see what she could do. I was polite to her and thanked her for being attentive and tenacious on my behalf.

Later that night, I logged on to the FM account to make another payment and VOILA! I had an increase to $1,000. :D

I got the congrats paperwork a week later.

Edited by Captain_Morgan
BOA Increased credit limit from $800 to $5,000 YAY!

Automatic CLI, or requested?

Side note: Asked for an Orchard CLI today... increased by $100. Can't wait to get a good prime card and fire them. If BOA would give me a quadruple-digit limit, I'd cancel Orchard in a heartbeat.

Edited by insomniac
Automatic CLI, or requested?

Side note: Asked for an Orchard CLI today... increased by $100. Can't wait to get a good prime card and fire them. If BOA would give me a quadruple-digit limit, I'd cancel Orchard in a heartbeat.

Requested

Hooters gave me another $300 CLI when my statement posted today - now up to $2700. My utilization has been high at statement time, although I always pay it down significantly. I am again left wondering if they only give CLIs to people with high utilization.

My credit union also approved me for a $1500 Visa and an auto refi a couple days ago. I intend to sock-drawer Orchard and fire them at the two-year mark.

I got a small $100 GLI on my Macy's card. I asked them why only $100 and they said it's due to "other outside credit". I was just approved for a mortgage and another Macy's visa (joint account) with a $1700 limit and the Visa has a $6000 limit.

My FICO scores are in the high 600's and one is in the low 700's. WTF?

The Hooters card (I call it "Merrick H," LOL) FINALLY gave me a CLI from its original $3,000 to $3,200 after about two years of history with them. I called and bugged them about it half a dozen times and that did no good; they finally bumped me up when they were good and ready.

It must be increase season judging by the recent rash of CLIs in this thread! They granted my increase sometime during the month of August and I didn't notice it till I was doing some work totaling up my available credit and thought, "I didn't know I had that much room on my Merrick H card."

My husband got a CLI on his Wal-Mart card. He asked for it, though. He and I both get regularly bumped up on our Texaco/Chevron cards but the request needs to be made (or maybe I am not patient enough to wait till they grant it on their own.)

He also got a recent increase on his Sam's Club card.

We've both gotten the two promised step-ups on our Capital One credit steps program. (yes, they send stickers to affix to your calendar, like "good job!" stickers elementary school students get from their teachers.) He went from $1,000 to $1,500 to $2,000, and I went from $500 to $1,000 to $1,500.

Edited by Chester P. Dexter