aloha

anyone else still getting CLI's??

It must be increase season judging by the recent rash of CLIs in this thread!
I think the "world is ending" attitude that had the banks hunkering down has eased. It took nearly a year, but things are looking a bit brighter. The drastic reductions in credit is loosening up as economic recovery sets in.

Six months ago, there were 8 homes on my street for sale each competing. Some sat for 6 months without an offer. Yesterday, my home went under agreement at 99% of asking price within 72 hours of listing. We had 12 showings and 3 offers. It is a different world.

All signs indicate that we've hit a bottom. :D

Great to hear JQ I just put my house up two days ago and I have already had 5 showings even though one couple came back 3 times to see it ;) I have been tempted to ask for CLI on my HSBC Master Card, Chase Rewards ,Chase Amazon and Best Buy MC but they all say " we might have to pull a credit report in our decision to raise your limit" I don't want a hard pull on my CR :-( Also, If I had like $30,000 CLI with Amex (do they do hard pulls) would they and other companies like Wells fargo who have now lowered my CL's to like a $1,000 (for no particular reason) raise them up now ? Has anyone tried this ? Thanks to All :)

Great to hear tmac. You will get offers! I am hearing similar stories from people I know around the country. Some areas are still bogged down with inventory, but at today's prices it is quickly starting to clear. More expensive homes are not doing quite as well however.

Now we have to quickly find a home in the next 7 weeks or we'll be living in a van down by the river.

Regarding CL increases, I think it is a snowball effect. If you start to get larger lines on a card or two, the others will be more willing provided you aren't charging up your cards. But if by chance you are buying a home in the near future (you may or may not be after you home sells), don't dare be concerned with raising credit lines right now. Preserve that FICO.

Thanks JQ ! I am going to live in an apartment for about a year as I am moving out of town but have to finish this school year because I work in education. I'm gonna save a lot of money up not having a big mortgage at least for a while. I will house hunt again in about a year but for now its an apartment or a duplex. I hope I get offers I am asking $191,500 for my home and I have to at least get $188,000 to break even because I have only been in this house a year so I hope all goes well with that ! Thanks for the advice, Good Luck JQ and sorry for jacking this thread :)

Citibank / The Home Depot - Increased me to $5600 from $4000. I got the card in 12/08 with 12 months no interest, maxed it out with new appliances, been paying on it since. I have about $1500 left to pay before 12/09. Since I purchased the appliances, I have not used the card once.

I have not been here in quite a while, things have been going very well and I give a huge amount of credit for that to these forums!!

As for CLI, I just applied for a CC thru my credit union. Lo and behold I got it with a $12,000 limit from the git-go. No annual fee, interest 12.99. Credit score 694 Equifax.

My question is, is a high limit like this bad if I plan to only rarely use the card? No way would I ever carry 30% on it! Can I ask them to reduce that limit? The only other CC I have is JCP with a 3000 limit. I don't carry 30% on that one either.

Was actually hit today with a CLD. I check my accounts daily, and today Chase lowered the limit on the account that used to be WAMU. It wasn't a big CLD, 3500 dropped to 2900. Called CSR and they gave me the blah blah blah. I was planning on cancelling the account at the end of the year, but dropped it today. Another CC in the shredder, and now I no longer do business with Chase.

Was actually hit today with a CLD. I check my accounts daily, and today Chase lowered the limit on the account that used to be WAMU. It wasn't a big CLD, 3500 dropped to 2900. Called CSR and they gave me the blah blah blah. I was planning on cancelling the account at the end of the year, but dropped it today. Another CC in the shredder, and now I no longer do business with Chase.

That is no bueno; I wonder if I am next...CHASE has been good so far, but if something like that happens to me, they will taste the shredder as well.

That is a classic Chase move. Maybe particularly the cards that used to be WaMu. (Mine actually still says WaMu on it.) I had a $4,000 limit and I kept it nice and low, then charged it up to about $3,775 due to dental work.

IMMEDIATELY they dropped my limit to... (ready for this?)

$3,788. And it has stayed there.

Has anyone ever heard of such a limit?

Edited by Chester P. Dexter
That is a classic Chase move. Maybe particularly the cards that used to be WaMu. (Mine actually still says WaMu on it.) I had a $4,000 limit and I kept it nice and low, then charged it up to about $3,775 due to dental work.

They did that back in the day to my first cc (still have it with them), and the credit limit has not moved since then. That was over 6 years ago....

My wife is from another country so she had to start over with credit here. She got an auto loan from our CU, and yesterday I bought a 4x4 with a 17.5k loan from them.

The inquiries to EQ dropped my score a notch so I just disputed them again, let's hope the EQ monkeys can still push buttons on a KB.

Having just added a 2004 Nissan Murano SE and a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE . . we're done shopping for a while. (or at least till the black friday sales)

Amex did the same crap to me so I closed two of the 3 CC's I had with them. Its hard to believe that I actually had two Amex CC's with $30,000 CL at one time. That was during the "wait 24 hours to hit the Amex Love button and watch your CL go way high" days :) Those were some fun times !!!!!!

Amex did the same crap to me so I closed two of the 3 CC's I had with them. Its hard to believe that I actually had two Amex CC's with $30,000 CL at one time. That was during the "wait 24 hours to hit the Amex Love button and watch your CL go way high" days :) Those were some fun times !!!!!!

They have to be the most difficult CC company to get a freakin' card from! I'm going to X them from my credit card list. HAHAHA!

They have to be the most difficult CC company to get a freakin' card from! I'm going to X them from my credit card list. HAHAHA!

Well at one time they were taking high 600's but yes they are hard to get a CC from. Trust me you don't need Amex they are arses :)

Well my oldest tradeline was just closed on me last week- TARGET VISA!!! They shut me down. One day after my 1 year anniversary of not using the card. Those %#$@^#* idiots.

Fortunately I locked my mortgage three weeks ago. Or I think I might have been screwed as I am sure my FICO will take a hit. :cool:

I asked Kay (which will also include tag-alongs J.B. Robinson and Jared's) for CLI; they told me I had to go into the store. I did that, and they raised me from $3,000 to $4,700.

Multiply that times three and that's $5,100 of extra utilization empty space!

A total of $14,100 of wide open credit which helps my score!

I will have to buy a $50 item sometime to keep the account active.

Edited by Chester P. Dexter