aloha

anyone else still getting CLI's??

I asked Kay (which will also include tag-alongs J.B. Robinson and Jared's) for CLI; they told me I had to go into the store. I did that, and they raised me from $3,000 to $4,700.

Multiply that times three and that's $5,100 of extra utilization empty space!

A total of $14,100 of wide open credit which helps my score!

I will have to buy a $50 item sometime to keep the account active.

I did that with my Dillards CC today ! That is buying a $50 item that I really needed :mrgreen:

I used my Jared card for the first time in July to buy a relatively inexpensive watch. 3 months no interest, now paid in full. This week, Kay/Jared/JBR all sent me letters saying my limits had been increased from $2,000 to $3,200.

I logged into my Target account a few minutes ago and I'm up from $500 to $1,000. (Still no Visa upgrade as far as I can tell.)

And Bank of America... well, on October 31 they cancelled and reissued my card because of an unspecified "security breach" at a merchant. I received and activated the new card today. I also got an alert from CCT today with new "potentially negative information" in the form of a Bank of America account listed "CARD REPORTED LOST/STOLEN". So now it's listed twice - once under the old number (lost/stolen), once under the new number (with the original opening date and "paid as agreed"). When I called customer service, they transferred me to the credit department. The analyst did his best to explain the situation but really didn't make me feel any better. He reviewed my report and asked me the same questions I've always answered for the online CLI request, as if he was going to make me feel better by giving me a CLI. Then he saw the two collections, asked me about them, and it was Game Over. I think this is basically going to be the end of my relationship with BofA. I had a secured card with them for 9 months, and in the 18 months since it went unsecured, they have raised my limit from $500 to a paltry $800. I really don't need them or Orchard anymore, and they will soon be fired.

Otherwise, it's been a good week for CLIs.

Well now that settlement has passed on the home, it was time for a credit card application spree due to a lack of large purchases on the horizon.

Patelco Platinum $3000 -> $6000

Lowe's $224 -> $400 (lol)

New Applications:

Discover 5% cash back (pending)

UPromise 1-2% cash back Mastercard (pending)

Verizon Fios (pulled my credit twice in two weeks) :evil:

I think I am dumping Capital One Platinum. It is actually a decent card, but they stopped sending me the "no transaction fee, 0% apr" cash checks. And if I can't capture float with that card, it is really worthless because I refuse to give Capital One a dime in merchant fees or interest. Goodbye CapOne.

I've had the Target card for over a year and also got bumped from $200 to $1,000.

Sears upped my store card, and gave me a $7,000 MC.

BestBuy upped my store card limit from $1,500 to $1,800 with an online request and gave me a $1,500 MC which doesnt even have the same no interest promos the store card has.

When I bought the Pathfinder 2 weeks ago, my score dipped a few points due to inquiries, but when the BB MC account showed up, the scores jumped back up to 737 again!

Strange things are afoot. I think the retailers are pressuring the lenders to give incentives to anyone with a jay oh bee and decent payment history.

:wink:

I don't mean to be insanely nitpicky but did your statement just cut? I've had the card since Sept. 2008 and my Oct. statement cut on Oct. 21 and no increase. Zero balance. Used the card heavily all year and recently paid it off.

I wonder if the Nov. 21 statement will show anything new. I might cancel it otherwise. I don't need the puny credit line and the short account age on my credit report.

Just received the approval on a 1%/5% cash back Discover Platinum. It comes with a $75 bonus cash back check after $500 of use. They gave me a $1700 limit. I'm surprised I was approved with the stinkin' Chapter 7 & IIB accounts still on my reports from 2004.

The UPromise World Mastercard denied me due to a "recent bankruptcy". At least I get a free Experian credit report out of it. ;)

I don't mean to be insanely nitpicky but did your statement just cut? I've had the card since Sept. 2008 and my Oct. statement cut on Oct. 21 and no increase. Zero balance. Used the card heavily all year and recently paid it off.

I wonder if the Nov. 21 statement will show anything new. I might cancel it otherwise. I don't need the puny credit line and the short account age on my credit report.

I wouldnt have known cuz it's set up for auto pay, and I never use it. But since you're you, I spent the 87 seconds it took to check and this is what I see:

Statement Closing Date:10/25/2009

I really can't account for their reasoning. But, at some point I just said "screw 'em" and let them report me as paying on time and watched the little green dots pile up behind the reporting . . . and let's face it, it's the monthly green dots that count in the end.

Did you guys just get letters in the mail? I checked the website yesterday and no change.

I just happened to check the Web site and saw the increase. My letter came in the mail the next day. This increase happened roughly halfway through my current billing cycle.

since you're you

I feel complimented.... I think - ? I don't know when someone's told me they've done something for me because I'm me, so thank you! Thanks to both of you for checking.

!@#$% Target just does not plan to bump me up, I don't think. I was really hoping for a Target Visa! That's what I'm holding out for.

I think I might prune my credit portfolio since it's getting very recently-obtained-heavy. If no change by the end of the year, I may get rid of this puny little Target account. Old Navy just gave me a $400 store card and a $1,000 Visa (and I had no idea I'd get the Visa, especially after they gave me the store card approval while in the store - I thought that was it) so I might clear out a little guy, and Target is first on the list.

My bil drops on the 26th and I got the letter on 11/10 so I would say it is mid-cycle. I have been at $500 for about a year and have gone to the store at least once every month and made a purchase or 2 to keep it active. I used to do it in hopes of getting the Visa and then 1 day about 6 months ago I was in the store and the cashier said I had been "pre-approved" for a Target Visa. I thought...FINALLY! so I applied and was denied. Still no visa but the CLI on my store card is nice.

CPD . . you have so much credit now, Target isnt going to make or break you. I have no love for them either, but perhaps you would think twice about cancelling the CL. Just let it ride. No one says yo have to use THEIR card when you shop with them either. I have a Fred Meyers MC that I get bonus points on. Every 3 months I get back about $80 - $100 in Fred Meyers rewards cash and coupons, non of my other cards have the kind of perk.

Just a heads up- I had posted previously that my Target Visa was closed a few months back for non-use for 1 year. I received my free credit report from Experian last night in response to a credit denial I received last week. Target Visa left this comment on my perfect tradeline of over 50 months: Account Closed at Credit Grantor's Request.

Technically, they're correct. They wanted it closed for a lack of use. But it burns me up because some creditors seem to look at that as a derog.

I've had a good week - although I didn't set out looking for it. I closed my Hooters account ($4,500 CL) after they notified me they were going to access an annual fee of $48 taken in "convenient monthly payments" of $4. Never late, always PIF - no game when I called. Closed on the spot. I started feeling a little remorse, about what would happen to the increase in utilization - I use one of my Hilton cards heavily, but PIF every month. It always looks like I'm carrying a balance because of that.

I logged into the Citi site where I have 2 Master Cards, and 2 Hilton Visa's. I clicked on the "Request CLI" link and was notified that I was eligible for a CLI on the first one for $2,100. I pushed my luck, and wow... 2,100 on the second and whooping 4,000 on both of the two Hilton Visa cards... Didn't even require a credit check.

Thanks Hooters/Merrick Bank!!! Your $48 dollars changed my whole credit profile - I wouldn't have checked otherwise.

Anyone else still having problems getting to the site?

Ive been trying off and on all day and this is the first time I was able to get here. I read that this was supposed to be fixed, but this has been a ongoing issue for me and from what has been posted, others too.