aloha

anyone else still getting CLI's??

The husband just got a Texaco/Chevron increase of $200 and I've gotten several (started at $400 and now up to $1,200.)

He also got his Juniper iTunes APR reduced from 22.24 to 15.24 just by griping that he was not likely to use a card with that high of an APR.

Merrick H (Hooters) raised me to $3,200 a month or two ago from $3,000. They did me a favor by, in the next breath, promising a rate hike for me in December because it prompted me to pay the whole balance off just now. I may pay a lot of interest to a lot of banks, but Merrick Bank will never get another penny from me. They've gotten enough already! I'll take interest free loans from them for a few weeks at a time, though. Schwing!

Good stuff Chester.

I closed CapOne last week, even after they added airline miles to my card. I just hate them so much that I couldn't keep it in my wallet or my sockdrawer anymore. Goodbye CapOne. See you again NEVER.

My three wallet cards are:

Discover Platinum 5% cashback (2000)

Patelco Platinum 1% cashback (6000)

Starbucks Platinum 1% rewards card (6000)

Current Sockdrawer:

Juniper Platinum 9.9% fixed $1000

Lowe's $424

Home Depot $700

Macy's (2000?)

Citibank Platinum AU ($10,000)

PNC Platinum (formerly National City Bank) $6000

Raymour & Flanigan Wells Fargo Preferred (no idea on limit)

Wal-Mart ($850)

Others that I can't remember....

Edited by jq26

My Hooters got bigger this month, up to $3200 now.

What's your utilization been on that card? Mine has been pretty high but is being reduced, and I was concerned they were only giving increases to those with high(er) util.

What's your utilization been on that card? Mine has been pretty high but is being reduced, and I was concerned they were only giving increases to those with high(er) util.

The utilization hasn't been regular on it, and the highest I think its ever been was maybe 30%. I've had a 0 balance on it for the last two months. The CLI's on it have been fairly regular, but this is the first time it was only a $200 increase. Its usually been $400.

My CLIs have occurred every 5-6 months in $300 intervals, with util over 50% for most of the last year. The last CLI was in July, so I'll see what happens in the next couple of months. I expect $0-200.

Wal Mart bumped me up to $725, up from $600. I might cancel the Target RedCard, I haven't shopped there in about a year, but GF does if there is a sale, and then does the PIF when the statement shows up.

Requested and received a $500 CLI on my credit union Visa earlier this week ($1500 -> $2000), now that it's at the 6-month mark. It cost me a hard pull, though, so I won't be doing that again for at least a year.

that's a nice hefty increase!

:D

Maybe you're joking, or maybe I could have worded it better: the CLI was $200. My limit was $2700 and is now $2900.

Maybe you're joking, or maybe I could have worded it better: the CLI was $200. My limit was $2700 and is now $2900.

:oops: my bad. i misunderstood

still, congrats on your modest but welcome $200 increase :)++

I requested and received a $500 CLI from CareCredit.

I did NOT receive a CLI from Target at 3 months. I've only had the card for 4 months, so I'm not too upset about that yet. I hope I get one before the next holiday season.

Edited by Laine540

I requested and received a $500 CLI from CareCredit.

I did NOT receive a CLI from Target at 3 months. I've only had the card for 4 months, so I'm not too upset about that yet. I hope I get one before the next holiday season.

I might have to do the same to CareCredit after I pay this balance off. They are very generous at giving CL's. Congrats!

I wouldn't have been brave enough to ask for the CLI from GEMB yet for the CareCredit, but I thought I was going to need a root canal. Thankfully I do not need the root canal now, but I have some other dental work looming on the horizon. The CLI took me to $1500 and my Eq fico was 637.

Esquire, your scores are looking good - I bet you wouldn't have any trouble getting a CLI from them whenever you want!

I tried for a CLI on my $200 Cap One card, but was declined: acct "too new". I didn't have much hope for that one, but what the heck. I need to just wait patiently for my credit steps.

I just got my 1st ever CLI from HSBC from 1000 to 1200. I have had the card about 25 months so I don't know if it had anything to do with the 2 year mark or anything. My balance has been sitting between $650 and $750 for about 6 months and last week was the 1st time I made a payment of over $100 ($105.)

They sent me a nice "CONGRATULATIONS, It's always a pleasure to share good news with our cardmembers letter!"

congratulations dinomosin!

the 2 year mark may be why i just received a letter from B of A notifying me of a 400 CLI (from $7400 to $7900).

I just got my 1st ever CLI from HSBC from 1000 to 1200. I have had the card about 25 months so I don't know if it had anything to do with the 2 year mark or anything. My balance has been sitting between $650 and $750 for about 6 months and last week was the 1st time I made a payment of over $100 ($105.)

They sent me a nice "CONGRATULATIONS, It's always a pleasure to share good news with our cardmembers letter!"

Just called BofA up out of the blue...my 99/500 went unsecured last year and I called them up at that time and they bumped me to 1k. Just called them up now answered a few questions, one soft pull later, I am now bumped to 2500! Now my highest limit :-) So now I've got 3 cards at or above 2k!

:woohoo: