Shredded court records

After tons of calls, pavement pounding, and nail biting, I decided to file a motion to vacate (void) the judgment in hope that the court wouldnt be able to validate it anyway without having the file. So I went to court today to file the motion to vacate and the clerk told me that the judgement has expired because the other party has done nothing for 5 years. She had me fill out a non-renewal of judgement form, stamped it and gave me the original to send to the credit bureaus. She said that should be enough for them to remove it.

Send a copy to the bureaus, but it is better off if it comes from the courthouse itself. Since the courts reported the judgment, the bureaus cannot rely on information sent from you.

I know, been there done that with collection accounts where I won in court sent the transcript in to have acct removed and they rejected it everytime.

The other half of it is that you are not a paying customer.....The ones that report info or obtain reports are the customers that pay their salaries, they do not care much about providing accurate information.

When I called TU, the call center is in India. Great....Our SSN's and all of our info is being accessed by a third world country. If we keep it up we will be the third world country...

Send a copy to the bureaus, but it is better off if it comes from the courthouse itself. Since the courts reported the judgment, the bureaus cannot rely on information sent from you.

I know, been there done that with collection accounts where I won in court sent the transcript in to have acct removed and they rejected it everytime.

So should I dispute it through the credit bureaus instead of mailing a copy myself?

• 2 weeks later...