TL reporting multiple times

mt2va

I'm confused about my student loan & how it reports. I posted in the student loan section & didn't get any responses so thought I would try here.

I had 3 seperate loans that were consolidated when I graduated in 2001. No payments were ever made on the individual loans ever so I'm unsure why they are showing up on any of my credit reports. All 3 show a $0 balance & "pays account as agrees" Is this helping or hurting me???

Secondly the actual consolidated loan is showing on my report 3 times. I only have one consolidated loan. Different amounts & different account #. At one point Sallie Mae used to use my ss# for my acct# & awhile back they just assigned an acct#. 2 of the 3 reported show lates in 2006. So this looks like I have 2 different accounts with lates in 2006. Should I be trying to get some of this removed? I don't want the whole thing deleted as this is one of only 2 positive TL I have on my credit report. I'm hoping to get the lates removed as I was under forbearance at the time, but I don't know what to do about the multiple reporting.

The three that are showing 0 balance and 'paid as agreed' are HELPING your score. They have nice age to them. If the tradelines that appear as duplicates are positive- i would leave them alone- try to get the lates removed. Do you have proof of the forbearance? Dispute the lates with the CRAs.

The duplicate TL say paid as agreed but show the 90 & 120 lates from 2006. So I'm not sure how much they are or are not hurting me. I was thinking of a Goodwill letter to Sallie Mae to at least check because of the forbearance during that time (I'm not sure I have the paperwork on the exact dates as it was completed online) or maybe they would remove them because I've not had any problems before or since.

Since these aren't hurting I'm wondering would a TL that shows paid as agreed with a $0 balance but it states closed by credit grantor be hurting me? I have no idea what the TL is for but if it may be helping me I want to leave it alone. The last activity was in 1999 so don't want to dispute/delete it if its helping my "age"

I just pulled my complete payment history from the Sallie Mae website & since they are reporting my lates incorrectly (they happened in 2005 not 2006) I guess I will just dispute with the CRA. At least if they correct it from 2006 to 2005 it will look a little better as that will mean it happened 4 years ago instead of 3 years plus they will change to positive on my credit report in 2012 instead of 2013.

Well on EQ I got the duplicate one deleted so at least even if I can't get Sallie Mae to remove the lates I won't have 2 accounts showing late. They had 2 different account # & looked like 2 different accounts I'm sure. The one account they kept said it had been updated (payment history) but I don't see any change so what does EQ mean by updated payment history if its exactly the same?