Goodwill Letter to remove lates

mt2va

Any thoughts? I hate writing but didn't want to just copy another letter either.

Hello, I am writing in the hope that someone at Sallie Mae will be able to review my account as I have been in good standing, for the most part, re-paying my student loans since 2002. I recently requested copies of my three credit reports after being turned down for an auto loan in December 2008.

After reviewing my reports I see that in 2006 you reported me as being late 90 and 120 days on at least two occasions. My records show that I was in forbearance at that time. My understanding was that during forbearance I was not required to make any payments on my loan account.

Due to a job loss and significant decrease in household income I was unable to keep up with my monthly payments. This is why I chose to enter the forbearance agreement as I did not want late or missed payments to further impact my credit report.

I am aware that paying on time was my responsibility, but I was hoping you might review my account and consider removing the negative information with all three credit reporting agencies. Having these negative marks is damaging to my credit history.

Your kind consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

I have had a lot of luck with getting my late charges removed through the letters from the site. I just alter them a bit to my situation. I have had all the late charges removed on my Banana Republic account (GE Money bank), My Student Loan, which was a whole lot, it was like 7 or 8 late charges, and The auto Loan removed one late charge. I am now going after Best Buy (HSBC)....so get those letters out as soon as you can so you can get you new a ride. =)

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm going to give it a try. I mean all they can do is refuse. I doubt it would have a huge impact on my CR but on top of all the past collection activity/charge-offs having lates on my current TL doesn't look good to me.

So do I need to send this CMRRR since its a goodwill letter or can I just send it regular mail or maybe with delivery confirmation just so I know they received it.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm going to give it a try. I mean all they can do is refuse. I doubt it would have a huge impact on my CR but on top of all the past collection activity/charge-offs having lates on my current TL doesn't look good to me.

So do I need to send this CMRRR since its a goodwill letter or can I just send it regular mail or maybe with delivery confirmation just so I know they received it.

I usually send my goodwill letters in regular mail, but I bet a delivery confirmation will be fine as well.