So Confused - Would really appreciate any advice

Ok, I am being sued by Capital One or actually a Debt Collector in their name. I received a summons on 2/19/09. I've been reading some here & trying to figure out how to proceed. After reading several posts on here today & following some of the links on how to answer this summons, I went to look at it again. It says I have to answer within 30 days but that date is listed as 12/19/08. It said that if I didn't answer by then, a judgment by default would be taken against me. What does this mean? Have I already missed the window because they didn't send it until Feb.? I don't see any kind of court date or anything on here. Should I just call the courthouse?

They tried to sue me a couple of years ago when I was living in KY & it was thrown out.

I have an appt. with a lawyer tomorrow for a free consultation but I think they are mainly a BK deal. I don't want to go that route. I really don't even have enough debt to qualify.

Also, can they actually take your car, computer, etc? I am a stay at home mom right now with no income.

Sorry if this is too many questions but I am so confused about how to proceed. I want to fight this but I don't know where to start. I just found this site yesterday & I am running out of time.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Being served the summons starts your 30-days mark. You really need to get your answer done and filed. I would file in person to be sure.

A judgment can mean they can garnish wages or attach bank accounts, but they have to win before they can get a judgment.

Right now just concentrate on answering the complaint and getting it filed in time.