Have not picked up a collection call in a while, but...

trueq

I did this A.M. I had some time on my hands for some fun.

I called in from a voice mail message. Spoke to Rose Fernandez (as if everyone at a collection agency isn't using the name Rose Fernandez). I asked if they sent a dunning letter so I could demand validation and paperwork under WI and FDCPA law.

She told me it was mailed yesterday. I said we have nothing to talk about until I receive that notice and you fullfill my return written request for documentation under the FDCPA and Wiscosin Consumer Act. (WCA) (Note: WI consumer law gives you the right to request documentation, and make the creditor produce the documentation, of any transaction, before any judgment can be rendered against you.)

Rose then proceeded to ask me if I actually understand the FDCPA. I told her I did and that I will be writing in to request validation under the FDCPA, but I will also be making extensive documentation requests under the WCA. She told me the FDCPA does not give me that right. I said, I understand, but we are talking validation under the FDCPA and about documentation under the WCA.

Rose then barked to her supervisor that he's demanding FDCPA rights. A female supervisor gets on the phone asking me why I can't just pay this bill. I said "Because I have no idea who you are and what you are talking about".

She also asked me if I understood the FDCPA and told me the FDCPA does not apply because this isn't a consumer debt..

I replied, "Since we both do not have any documentation, we cannot make any such determination." "Untilyou prove otherwise, I'm treating it as a consumer debt." I explained, even if it is not a consumer debt, which even then rarely falls outside the FDCPA, I'm demanding documentation under the UCC.

She then called me a "thief" and a "liar".

I informed her that she is not allowed to say that under federal and state law. I started to quote the WCA law she just violated and she cut me off. "We don't have to adhere to state law." I laughed and said, "Let's get a state court jury to decide that. Can I get a copy of this recording from you?"

She said, "you are ignorant, you can't get a jury for this!"

I laughed at her so hard, she got flustered...

Her male boss then came on the line and accused me of fraud and other criminal activity. He dredged up my 1 civil judgment on court record and I told him if he bothered to actually look at the court record, it is on appeal. (I personally think I will win the appeal.)

He then said,...

You can't appeal a civil judgment, how stupid can you be?

I asked him if he would like to explain that to the appeals court 3 judge panel.

He hung up.

LESSON TO ALL YOU NEWBIES!

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, GIVE YOUR MONEY TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS. They have no regard for federal or state law. They can just take your money and resell your claim to the next slimeball. How do you get your money back from slimeballs conning you out of it?

Always deal in writing.

All in all, an entertaining A.M.

Its interesting....every creditor claims the law does not apply to them! :roll: Doesn't matter which law either, Federal or State - guess they are just immune. :shock:

Thank you for sharing - its nice to see other people have these types of conversations with CA's and JDB's ...

Well let's face it; except for a few zealots who seem to live for suing CAs, most folks never sue on violations even when they have a very good case and for those that do, the potential downside for the CA is minor compared to the up-side.

As long as that condition exists, they, as a practical matter, are almost immune from the laws!

Well, hell HAS frozen over...it must be that global warming thing. :)

Hmmm, so your hypothesis is that global warming of the Earth is due to heat transfer from hell, which of course results in an accompanying decrease in the temperature of hell. Interesting thermodynamic theory.... but how can we use this knowledge to turn the situation around and reverse global warming?

DH

Hmmm, so your hypothesis is that global warming of the Earth is due to heat transfer from hell, which of course results in an accompanying decrease in the temperature of hell. Interesting thermodynamic theory.... but how can we use this knowledge to turn the situation around and reverse global warming?

DH

Well, actually, I (and many hundreds of climatologists) think that the whole theory of man-made global warming/climate change is the biggest pile of Bovine Scatology ever perpetrated on the world by the Profit Algore.

Further, if there is any man-made component to climate change it's likely caused by the "carbon footprint" left by Al's Bel-Meed mansion located not far from where I'm sitting.

Therefore, the theory that Hell is transferring heat to "our" reality is something not within our control and therefore, there is nothing we can do to change that process.

Have a nice day. :)

I share the opinion that even if global warming is a demonstrable fact, there's been a premature rush to blame mankind.

I was just making sure we understood the thermodynamic mechanism by which Hell would be freezing while the Earth is warming.

I guess we've hijacked this thread just about as far off topic as possible. My apologies.

Have a nice day. :)

Same to you!

DH

DH

hell's heat is transfered through latent heat not specific heat

there can be a transfer of heat with no temperature decrease.. think about saturated vapors for example..212 in liquid or vapor state

to transfer heat specifically , there must be a woman scorned

hell's heat is transfered through latent heat not specific heat

there can be a transfer of heat with no temperature decrease.. think about saturated vapors for example..212 in liquid or vapor state

to transfer heat specifically , there must be a woman scorned

Hmmm, Robert's original comment was that "hell has frozen over". That would imply a change of state from liquid to solid, and heat flow would occur without a temperature change during the phase transformation.

Now, I don't think we know the original phase state of Hell, whether it's a liquid, or a even a vapor. But I think it's generally agreed that it's not at the freezing point of water. Therefore I stand by my original statement that the temperature of Hell must have decreased, although I grant you that during the final phase transformation to solid there would be no temperature change.

For the purposes of this discussion I shall ignore the effects of scorned women.

Respectfully,

DH

Hmmm, Robert's original comment was that "hell has frozen over". That would imply a change of state from liquid to solid, and heat flow would occur without a temperature change during the phase transformation.

Now, I don't think we know the original phase state of Hell, whether it's a liquid, or a even a vapor. But I think it's generally agreed that it's not at the freezing point of water. Therefore I stand by my original statement that the temperature of Hell must have decreased, although I grant you that during the final phase transformation to solid there would be no temperature change.

For the purposes of this discussion I shall ignore the effects of scorned women.

Respectfully,

DH

Doesn't something somewhere mention a "lake" of fire? I guess we don't exactly know that the lake is comprised of. :)