Our story Sunday cover of local paper

almost_there

Wow.

that's about all I can really say about the subject. In a way, I'm glad that others can view this story....YOUR story...so they know that they're not alone, so they know that there are things they can do to get out from under it.

And I continue to wish y'all luck in the future.

Ya'll are really giving up ya'll fostering license? I'm so sorry. That must be one of the most hurtful things about this whole ordeal. :(

The story was a more than a little vague about us giving up our license. The bottom line on that is that we are 1) leaving our current county and don't care to start up with a new one and 2) moving into a MUCH smaller home. And, honestly, the last several years have been so stressful, with all this crap going on and caring for a special and very high needs teenager - not to mention my 3 year old and whatever foster's we had - that we just need a major break. And we need to rebuild what we've lost.

Our oldest has also moved into her group home over the last couple of weeks. Her behavior was becoming a safety issue for the entire family and so we took the plunge on moving her on. She is doing fabulous, too, I might add. All of our visits have been great, she hasn't behaved this well for us in a long time.

So, while it's all very painful - I'd cry if I really sat down and thought about it - we're just doing our best to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and keep one foot in front of the other. But genuinely, thank you for your concern and well wishes everyone {{{hugs}}}