Irs & Bk

iffaj98

:confused:Does anyone know if you can include debt owed to the IRS in a Chapter 7 BK?

Also with this new RULE for Judges being able to MODIFY your mortgage in BK Court as anyone heard how that will work or will go into affect with the new stimulus plan?

I am wanting to file soon.. but I was also trying to wait to have more options when it comes to my home. I am current & have applied for a modification from my lender.. 4 months ago & still waiting for a reply....:confused:

IRS debt is dischargeable under some circumstances. The taxes must be 3 years old, returns have too have been filed, no fraud and a couple of other things I can't recall off the top of my head.

A Senate vote is expected this week on the plan to allow bk judges to modify mortgages in a Chapter 13. I have no idea what the final bill will look like.