After a BK

iffaj98

:shock:Anyone know what steps I should be taking after a BK to begin to recover?

Any success stories?

Also is there ANY HOPE of being able to get financed for a loan of any kind or credit cards.. I want to have a least one for a rainy day. Still have house & kids to worry about??

There are many success stories. Patience and good habits. I think you should concentrate on managing your debt, living within means and create good saving habits.

join credit union- set up a savings account- consider this your "credit repair" account- don't use it for anything else- put a small amount into it each month- (an amount you can live without) like 25 or 50 a pay- create a good relationship- wait until you get >1000 ask for a secured credit card for $1000 Use the card wisely- never let the balance exceed 250 and pay each month in full- pay no interest- (remember this is to rebuild credit- not to live off of) keep making deposits into the account- after the card is unsecured -usually a year- you will have a good tradeline- and a nice savings account and most importantly- good habits.

I wouldn't waste my time with lousy cards- and falling into the habit of filling out alot of applications- just to get denied. You are going to get tons of offers in the mail- offerring cards with ridiculous fees- don't fall for them. I've seen 300 cards with fees upwards of 130 leaving you with 170 of actual credit.