EVERYBODY read this remove inquiries from Equifax INSTANTLY.

Ok i just found this out 5 mins ago. I am signed up for alot of different monitering services. This is for the purpose of creating bumpage to remove inquiries but also to be able to pull a report at multiple times during the day. I get changes in real time almost. Yesterday I applied for a credit line at HHGregg and got approved for $3000 so I started app whoring. Today I logged in to see the damage. I use Truecredit, Chase ID Protection, CreditCheck Total, and Equifax credit watch. I pulled my report from Eq, and saw that I had gone from 21 inquiries to 26. Just to give it a try I clicked on the option to "Dispute File Information". Then I clicked on the inquires section. Please note this is a new dispute format from Equifax. I have always had to submit mine through email before.

Once the inqury dispute section opened I chose every single inquiry. They give you two options to chose from. "I did not authorize this inquiry" or "This inquiry is fraudulent" I put fraudulent for most but unauthorized for a few. Once I had submited the dispute I ran my report on CreditCheck Total. I was down to just 8 inquiries. Every inquiry I disputed as fraudulent was gone. Then it let me go back in to Equifax and do it all over again. This time on Equifax there were only 8 inquiries to dispute, and I chose fraudulent for ALL. So I pulled my updated report from Chase, and now I have no inquiries from Equifax at all! Btw, using Truecredit and pulling a Transunion update everyday does cause bumpage. I have no inquiries on TransUnion either.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps somebody.

• Like 1

Not a good idea, disputing legit inquiries as fraud. I'm just curious why you need realtime updating? This seems a little overboard, so does "app whoring" because you got a 3G credit line. Alot of people have found those TU inquiries return.

Not a good idea, disputing legit inquiries as fraud.

Yeah that could cause some problems.

http://www.creditmattersblog.com/2008/10/10-credit-questions-and-answers-at_29.html

"Q: Citibank hard credit inquiry -- how do you get inquiries off?

A: If this was a legitimate inquiry, I would not dispute it. Disputing inquiries can result in fraud alerts and closed accounts. Why? Because if you are disputing the inquiries (not yours), then the creditor would likely wonder who tried to open the account. If not you -- then who? Same goes for the fraud alert. If you contact the credit bureau, it could place a fraud alert on your report. Here's the bottom line, though: inquiries aren't score killers -- unless you have a slew of them. Although inquiries remain on your credit report for two years, they only impact your score for 12 months. What's more, after six months their impact diminishes.

That said, if a creditor has placed duplicate inquiries on your report, then feel free to call the credit reporting agency. Just be sure that you are disputing the inquiry because it's a duplicate. You're not saying that the original inquiry isn't yours -- you're just saying that the second one shouldn't be there. "

All those recent apps are gonna kill you EX FICO score, as it is nearly impossible to get them removed from that CRA.

What's all those monitoring services running you, $60 a month total? Why not just get your free annual report, then dispute once a month to get another report for free?

• 2 months later...
hello guys have been following site lots of good info. bk listed as dismissed on credit report. however read that bk can only be listed from date of adjudication is this correct .. please advise:-(

Perhaps you shoudl start your Own thread and you owuld get more responces, your question has nothing to do with removing EQ inquiries...

Ok i just found this out 5 mins ago. I am signed up for alot of different monitering services. This is for the purpose of creating bumpage to remove inquiries but also to be able to pull a report at multiple times during the day.

Can you explain what Bumpage is and how Bumpage gives you the opportunity to remove INQ's?

Bumpage is an urban myth that says that if you personaly "pull" your credit reports on a daily basis, that your pulls will "bump" any hard inquiries that lenders may make off your reports so that other lenders won't be able to tell that you've been shopping for credit.

The truth is...the FCRA says that ALL inquiries must stay on your reports for a minimum of 1 year (and be available for 2 years to employers). The fine print on the CRAs web sites say that those sites are not intended to be FCRA compliant. Therefore, when you pull your reports online, it appears that "bad" inqs have been bumped off. When a lender pulls your report through their channels, they see everything.

• 4 months later...

I've been the victim of identity theft and have about 20 fraudulent inquiries that I've been trying to remove. So far, sending letters to the creditors asking them to remove the inquiry or prove it is authorized has had very little success. Likewise, filling out online disputes with the CRA's and disputing the inquiries with the CRA's over the phone has had very little success.

What should my next step be?

• 6 months later...

This does work. I was able to get a false inquiry removed from my CR in a rather short time. Mind you I also sent a letter at the time, but I would like to believe the website portion worked out best since I have heard no response on the letter :D Now... to work with the other two....

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Bumpage is the same thing.

Occasionally, if the moon is right, and its a Tuesday, and you haven't had any coffee in 6 weeks, your true FICO and the CRAs reported FAKOs will be identical. But, that has absolutely nothing to do with bumpage.

Hard inquirys stay for at least 1 year...its the law. The "credit monitoring" sites specifically state in their terms and conditions that what you see does not necessarily aide by that law.

The Credit Reporting Agency Professional Operators Legal Association (CRAPOLA) designed it that way.