Press *2* if you agree to this debt!

jetscarbie

Here's one that's been happening to me. Good thing I have 9 of these recorded on my answering machine. Bill collectors in Ohio beat to a different drum.:lol:

What about an answering machine collection?

"Is this "jetscarbie" If it's not "jetscarbie" press 1 now. If this is *jetscarbie"

please stay on the line or Press 2 and make sure nobody else hears this message as this is a debt collection company. (then it pauses for 5 seconds and of course my answering machine doesn't press 1:lol:)

After the pause....This is a communication from a debt collector.

Then it says "By staying on the phone, you are agreeing that you are "jetscarbie" and that you owe this debt. You are agreeing to all terms and conditions of this debt. You do Not dispute this debt.

Please call us back (company name) at 800-888-**** to take care of this debt today before legal action is taken.

"Thank you"

IMHO, this is "first communication" as defined by the FDCPA. They are now required to send, within 5 days, a written notice, which includes the "Verification Statement" from the FDCPA. (That's the notice of your right to dispute, and if you demand validation with 30 days, etc.)

If they don't send that letter, you have them for a violation.

Personally, I would not respond the these phone messages. I would just keep a log of them, and keep the tapes, waiting until they communicate with you in writing.

DH

Then it says "By staying on the phone, you are agreeing that you are "jetscarbie" and that you owe this debt. You are agreeing to all terms and conditions of this debt. You do Not dispute this debt.

Please call us back (company name) at 800-888-**** to take care of this debt today before legal action is taken.

:shock::shock: