...now what?

OK, so I answered a summons with the help from the wonderful people on here, and Friday I got a letter in the mail that the lawyer is countering all of my affirmaitve defenses. Do I have to answer them back or is that up to the judge to decide now? Just curious, b/c if I have to answer them in return I need to get it done. Even though at the 1st appearance the judge granted a 180 day continuance (yeah 3 MONTHS!!!)to the JDB's lawyer so they can dig up some proof of this CC account, that I never had.....

It didnt say either way..thats why I am kinda confused on what to do next.. It was just a letter with the attorney's response to my affirmative defenses that I listed in my answer. It was knocking them all down so my guess is that it was a motion to strike. Do I file for discovery next or do I have to wait for the judge to respond to their letter? If it helps I can copy and paste it into a post for your review... Please advise...