digicross1

How to settle with a local CA on tiny TL?

I have a small TL with a local CA that is probably only 10 minutes from my house. The TL is is only listed with EQ and is 5yrs old and only for $122 (Pediatric bill).

Should I DV it first then PFD it, if it doesn't come off, or should I just go and see them in person and PFD it?

Go down there- tell them your not sure you owe THEM this- but if the PFD you will give them the 120. There is some HIPPA method for payments- I don't know the details- but I would try the easiest approach first- don't admit the debt- just acknowledge its on your report

Personally, sometimes I think it is easier dealing with local companies.

I would give them the big sob story and say "Gosh, with everything going on this has totally slipped my mind but I would be willing to Pay In Full today"

Lots of people suggest PFD.....but they really are hard to get. It's worth asking if they will do it....but they are hard. Most are NOT willing to put it in writing...but all will tell you they will delete. Most don't.

Some people on here have had good success.

Just remember that if you pay the bill and they don't delete the tradeline...it updates your tradeline and makes the bill look new. It will say Paid but it still drops your score.

I second this!

Wasn't there an article last year about somebody being arrested for going to see a CA in person?

I doubt they were arrested for 'going to see a CA in person' - the may have got arrested for disorderly conduct or kicking some a$$.

I doubt they were arrested for 'going to see a CA in person' - the may have got arrested for disorderly conduct or kicking some a$$.

Excuse me, I misspoke. I should have said arrested while at a CA office.

I would just follow the standard DV process. Send in the letter asking for a PFD or "PAID AS AGREED".

Im new at this but isnt the DV process and a PFD two seperate letters(issues). Just curious before I get to confused lol.

I don't remember specifically what happened. In fact, I'm not sure if we even got the whole story, but there are several scenarios (non-violent) which could give rise to someone being arrested.

Im new at this but isnt the DV process and a PFD two seperate letters(issues). Just curious before I get to confused lol.

Yes. I am sorry about that. I was thinking to quickly about the situation. DV process could be started to prolong the situation. Or if the person wanted to get things taken care of (since it's a small amount and they are willing to pay), go straight for the PFD or PAID AS AGREED and see what the CA responds with.