Combining 2 Citi Cards

My gf wants to combine the two Citi cards she has. One of them is her oldest card, which is about 8 years old and only has a $1300 CL. The second one is only 4 years old, but has the highest CL at $11k. The older card, she hardly uses, since the CL is lower. The second card, while younger, has a much more consistent history or usage and payment.

What's the best way for her to combine these cards with minimal impact on her FICO score? What does the hivemind think?

IMHO I would not close the oldest card if it is also the oldest good trade line. Part of the scoring model is based on age of history.

Unless she has to pay an annual fee to keep the card I would leave it be and throw a new toaster on there once and a while, or use it for gas purchases etc, which would be in line with the proper utilization for that CL.