Household Bank denied CLI

I have a card with them for two + years, limit $500 and recently called for a CLI of $500 to improve my score for a home refit and I was denied. Has anyone had any luck with Household getting a CLI after being denied?

Dell gave me CLI of $1500 for a total of $3000 and I have had the card less time that Household. Lowes and Chevron also decreased my limits. Anyone had any luck in getting anyone to increase limits after a decrease?

Thanks!

I have a card with them for two + years, limit $500 and recently called for a CLI of $500 to improve my score for a home refit and I was denied. Has anyone had any luck with Household getting a CLI after being denied?

Dell gave me CLI of $1500 for a total of $3000 and I have had the card less time that Household. Lowes and Chevron also decreased my limits. Anyone had any luck in getting anyone to increase limits after a decrease?

Thanks!

You won't get one. Household is owned by HSBC and a week ago HSBC announced it was closing down its US retail credit operations.

From Marketwatch.com:

The bank said it will shut down the branch network of its HSBC Finance arm in the U.S. leaving only the credit card business to continue operating. The closures will result in 6,100 job losses.

Though yes, they are clearly in bad shape and I wouldn't expect a CLI from them.

Hello,

I recently called HSBC on 3/14/09 to request a cli on my $300 orchard card. I was expecting $100, but the rep. tripled my limit to $900. I was at 15% uti on my cc at the time ($45), and it was just under 3 weeks before my 1 yr anniversary. Plus she didn't even charge a fee for the cli! What else can I say - I'm impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
Lowes and Chevron also decreased my limits. Anyone had any luck in getting anyone to increase limits after a decrease?

Discover slashed my credit line a few months ago, which I found out about after it was declined at a local retailer. I sent them email through their online account management page, and a few days later they restored it to the original amount. Have not requested an increase from them, though.

The late WaMu also cut my CL, but it didn't bother me because it wasn't that much and I knew they were going out of business.

Over the past year or so, the only increases I've requested were store cards from Macy's and Best Buy (which is HSBC), both granted. I've had no automatic increases.