dving a law firm

I received a letter from Craig Goodman Law Offices stating they were retained by Discover Card to collect. I sent them a debt validation letter the law firm quickly sent me the last statement I receive from Discover Card. Is this sufficient validation? If sounds to me like the next step from them may be suing me. Any suggestions? Thanks

What they sent is more than sufficient validation. My view is that you are very close to being sued.

Suggestions? Pay the debt. File bankruptcy. Strike a deal for a settlement. Stick your head in the sand and maybe it will go away.

I think your odds of fighting this on procedural grounds are not good. The OC still owns the debt and has good records. Unless you are prepared to claim the whole thing is fraud, I don't see any easy escape. The end result is likely to be a judgment and then your life will become complicated.