Re-age Question

cmo140

There is a collection account from Afni showing up on my file. I disputed it twice and it came back verified. On the file it states its from Nov. 2008 but when I sent them a DVL and they responded stating the debt is from 2004.

I check all three credit agencies and they all the same the same thing, nothing about 2004 all Nov 2008. Now the only think it states it will come off on 2011.

Is this re-aging?

" re-aging "

is when the original creditors date of first deliquency

is changed

to make the debt

appear to be more recent

than it's factual date

So do you think there is re-aging here as I stated.

They are stating the debt is from 2008 which is 2004.

The only thing that is holding me up is that it states its going to come off on 2011

No, a debt can be on your report for 7 years. If the report states 2011, last year the SOL was up on them to take legal action against you in PA.

If it is yours and you want to try a pay for delete from AFNI and get it in writing prior to paying. If they do not give it to you in writing, do not pay. You have the upper hand here, the sol is up.

No, a debt can be on your report for 7 years. If the report states 2011, last year the SOL was up on them to take legal action against you in PA.

If it is yours and you want to try a pay for delete from AFNI and get it in writing prior to paying. If they do not give it to you in writing, do not pay. You have the upper hand here, the sol is up.

I am not sure you understand.

It states on the credit report that its from 2008. Not 2004 but when they sent me a DVL it states its from 2004. Now on the message part of the credit report only on one of the three it states it comes off in 2011. Now for SOl its four years in PA and its pass that.

My question is, since there is nothing about it on the credit report that its from 2004 and its states 2008 is that re-aging.

To me it seems its has been re-age, since it states first delinquent 2008 and not 2004.

it is not re-aging

they have given you the range of first deliquncy 2004

they are reporting that they have had the collection since 2008 and have been reporting it since 2008

I still don't understand this response. Is a collection agency allowed to report a date of 2008 for a 2004 debt? I have recently had the same thing happen to me. A collection agency is reporting a debt account as being opened June 2008, when the information the sent in response to my DV request indicates that it was from a debt in 2004. This has caused my score to drop tremendously because it appears to be a new delinquency. Additionally, the amount they are reporting is different from the amount the OC showed as being due.

I have been searching the FCRA, but cannot find where this situation is discussed.