Sueing a Collection Agency

On this website there is a section that tell you to sue in small claims court if you have a violation.

My question, 99% of the collections I see are out of state and no where near me to sue them in small claims court.

Of course I can go to a lawyer and sue in federal court but what is the point of posting about small claim court when you can't do it.

In most states you can serve your Secretary of State (for a fee) and they will forward service to the out of state corporation. Serving the SOS is like serving their registered agent, so they are considered served for most practical purposes.

Look up your state's rules of civil procedure for service on foreign corporations.

In most states you can serve your Secretary of State (for a fee) and they will forward service to the out of state corporation. Serving the SOS is like serving their registered agent, so they are considered served for most practical purposes.

Look up your state's rules of civil procedure for service on foreign corporations.

I am located in PA and the Company is a registered agent of PA. Here what it states:

Rule 404. Service Outside the Commonwealth.

Original process shall be served outside the Commonwealth within ninety days of the issuance of the writ or the filing of the complaint or the reissuance or the reinstatement thereof:

Official Note

For reissuance and reinstatement of original process, see Rule 401(B).

(1) by a competent adult in the manner provided by Rule 402(a);

Official Note

See Rule 76 for the definition of ‘‘competent adult.’’

(2) by mail in the manner provided by Rule 403;

(3) in the manner provided by the law of the jurisdiction in which the service is made for service in an action in any of its courts of general jurisdiction;

(4) in the manner provided by treaty; or

Official Note

A treaty may provide that to effect service a plaintiff must satisfy requirements which are in addition to the procedures specified by this rule.

(5) as directed by the foreign authority in response to a letter rogatory or request.

Official Note

Sections 5323 and 5329(2) of the Judicial Code, 42 Pa.C.S. § § 5323, 5329(2), provide additional alternative procedures for service outside the Commonwealth

What does this mean?

:)++Hello folks!! Been a while since I've been on here, but got a situation that I could use a hand with....

I've been doing credit repair for my husband, and have been pretty successful so far. His score was in the 500's and is now above 600. But, here's the problem, he owes child support, and its being reporting inaccurately and they refuse to update it, or give an accurate account of things, and will not take it off his credit report. What can I do to help him here? Please state Indiana case law, also if need be, send reply via personal message.

Thanks for whatever help you can give!

M. Alexander