Just settled a judgment and...

Hi, a while back I had a problem with Capital One that wound up going to a Collection Agency, which ended up with a judgement being passed against me. Although I fought it the whole way because Capital One gave me wrong information I still got slammed. Anyway, I finished paying the judgement off in December and called the collection agency to have a letter of satisfaction sent to me. Today I went into my credit history to see if it came up as "satisfied" yet and not only is that still not showing BUT Capital One now lists my "last payment' as 12/08. As far as I was concerned the Judgement was brought against me by the collection agency so why does Capital One have that payment down as my last one? My actual last payment was 12/05. Are they 're-aging' my debt by making it 12/08? Are they allowed to do that? Last I learned - was that the 'law office/collection agency was HIRED by Capital One and that Capital One is still the owner of the debt and the collection agency is acting on behalf of the bank. If that is so then why is Capital One claiming a charge off on the account? Isn't a CO basically a tax write off? If so do they have the right to profit from any part of the debt collected? Can I fix this?:confused:

I could see cap1 doing this and sticking to their guns since in essence you did make a payment. Contact the credit bureaus and ask when this is going to fall off of the credit report, then you will actually know if its been reaged.

If it has, contact the OCC and the FTC and file a complaint.

Cap1 does not respond to letters at all, they think they are above the law.