Red Rock Lake Financial LLC

jmr

hi all. recently my girlfriends account was wiped clean by this institution. over $2000 was taken. is there anything we can do to regain this money? we have debt issues like anyone but this money was our mortgage and car payments and if we don't some how get it back were screwed... any info or suggestions as to what we can do would be great.. thanks!

she spoke with them 2 years ago asking for payment. since then, we can't recall a summons or anything like that (although i'm sure they probably did).. so for 2 years we didn't really hear anything, part of the reason because we have alot of collectors calling us.. so i'm assuming they won a judgement...

Call her bank immediately and ask what authorization they had to debit the account!!

If she has not given permission and they have not presented a judgement to the bank, this is illegal and you can get the money put back while it is investigated.

Do not just wait for Red Rock to contact you!!

I had a company by a similar name (who is NOT one of my creditors) steal money from my account just a week ago. They electronically debited my account with my permission and my Credit Union immediately rectified it.

Good luck!

ok.. thank you very much for the helpful information everyone, feels great to get some input..

anyway, i just checked my mail and they did actually send us something.. i don't actually have the document with me but it states that they are authurized to seize property to account for the debt.. in this case i'm assuming it was her bank account.. as of right now, i don't believe the bank contacted her for authurization....

so the bank is actually holding the funds.. we did recieve a notice i believe 10 days in advance, we don't get the mail frequently which is why we didn't know. so at this point they are taking the money then garnishing 25% out of each pay check.. these people are total dickheads and impossible to deal with. is there anything we can do to negotiate through a third party? or should we hire a lawyer?

so the bank is actually holding the funds.. we did recieve a notice i believe 10 days in advance, we don't get the mail frequently which is why we didn't know. so at this point they are taking the money then garnishing 25% out of each pay check.. these people are total dickheads and impossible to deal with. is there anything we can do to negotiate through a third party? or should we hire a lawyer?

Has your girlfriend confirmed if there is a judgment and if so, what is for/who obtained it/when it was obtained/how much is owed/other pertinent information?

If the answer is no then your girlfriend is essentially operating in the dark and as long as that condition exists, no one here can help her.

Get some real information and then she can plan what to do.

If she finds that there was a judgment granted against her then the likely plan will be paying it.

Moving on...

I'm going to get on my soapbox here for a minute and say that frankly, it sounds to me as if her/you have been hiding your heads in the sand and ignoring unpleasant financial issues...that's almost always a bad plan.

Debts don't just go away because the debtor refuses to deal with them...by doing nothing, the debtor turns over all control to his creditors and easily well wind up with judgments that possibly could have been avoided all together...once a judgment has been rendered, they are impossible to overturn unless there are valid reasons to have it overturned (nor is getting them overturned inexpensive).

Bottom line is; people need to be proactive in handling their finances and especially in dealing with creditors/CAs; otherwise they cede all control over to their adversaries.

Has your girlfriend confirmed if there is a judgment and if so, what is for/who obtained it/when it was obtained/how much is owed/other pertinent information?

If the answer is no then your girlfriend is essentially operating in the dark and as long as that condition exists, no one here can help her.

Get some real information and then she can plan what to do.

If she finds that there was a judgment granted against her then the likely plan will be paying it.

Moving on...

I'm going to get on my soapbox here for a minute and say that frankly, it sounds to me as if her/you have been hiding your heads in the sand and ignoring unpleasant financial issues...that's almost always a bad plan.

Debts don't just go away because the debtor refuses to deal with them...by doing nothing, the debtor turns over all control to his creditors and easily well wind up with judgments that possibly could have been avoided all together...once a judgment has been rendered, they are impossible to overturn unless there are valid reasons to have it overturned (nor is getting them overturned inexpensive).

Bottom line is; people need to be proactive in handling their finances and especially in dealing with creditors/CAs; otherwise they cede all control over to their adversaries.

we tried to talk with RRLF and negotiate with them but like i said they are total dickheads and are synonymous for being stubborn and difficult to work with.. that said, yes we just ignored them and other collectors because we've been planning on filing bankruptcy.

but yes, we did receive a judgment that they were going to levy the account.. the bank received one also.. i am assuming everything they did was legal.. we just feel it was unethical because of our financial circumstances.. i guess the question is, is it worth pursuing legal action? or is pursuing the money and other garnishment options a lost cause?

we tried to talk with RRLF and negotiate with them but like i said they are total dickheads and are synonymous for being stubborn and difficult to work with.. that said, yes we just ignored them and other collectors because we've been planning on filing bankruptcy.

I’ve not doubt that they are dickheads and stubborn and difficult to deal with but I suggest you not loose sight of the fact that your girlfriend is in this situation because somewhere along the line, she defaulted on a debt and apparently ignored attempts to collect it including ignoring that fact that she was sued and the creditor won a judgment. So, while they may be dickheads, they are dickheads with a judgment and have no reason to be anything other than dickheads, stubborn or difficult to deal with and ignoring them was a very unwise move.

but yes, we did receive a judgment that they were going to levy the account.. the bank received one also.. i am assuming everything they did was legal.. we just feel it was unethical because of our financial circumstances.. i guess the question is, is it worth pursuing legal action? or is pursuing the money and other garnishment options a lost cause?

Yes it’s legal…when a debtor owes someone money, doesn’t pay and the creditor obtains a judgment then the creditor has a right to go after what is owed to them (by whatever means the debtor’s state of residence allows). I’m sure you are not in a good financial situation but there is nothing unethical about a creditor with a judgment going after the money they are owed…that’s why they obtained the judgment.

Bankruptcy may be a reasonable option for your girlfriend but she needs to keep in mind that a bankruptcy can only deal with debt; it will never deal with whatever it was that caused the debt in the first place and if the underlying disease isn’t dealt with then dealing with the symptoms will only be a temporary reprieve.

I know this sounds like I’m beating up on your girlfriend and to an extent I suppose I am but it’s because she needs to understand that most of whatever outrage/anger etc. she is feeling should be directed towards the person she sees in the mirror - it’s only when that sinks in that she can start to get her finances under control.