Debt Validation with Multiple addresses

wizz587

Hello all,

I have just started this week to improve my credit. Well I am on my first challenge hehe. Anyways I have been getting a letter and phone calls from a CA called Miramed Revenue Group about a hospital bill. I have been unemployed(construction worker) so before I started reading up on this site I called them last week and they where very rude and degrading so luckily I came across this site.8-) I dont dispute that I owe the hospital money but I do dispute the amount. So after pulling my CR's I came across this hospital bill however on my CR it says the creditor is Pellettieri with an address in Lombard IL. So I did a google search and in some way they are related to Miramed. After doing more research(IL corporate listings) says that Pellettieri has been merged of consolidated, so I am thinking they might have merged with Miramed. On my invoice bill from Miramed it has Michigan address where to send the payments. So I am just kinda lost how I should approach this D&V letter, settlement letter, or do I have a case with the CRA because of the multiple companys and addresses? Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Edit: I guess my question is who should I deal with the people that are writing and calling me or the people that put a mark on my CR report( they might be the same but I cant confirm it) and what would be the first method I should use?

Deal with the people that are calling you, if it's about the medical bill you are writing about. The CR might not be updated and the CA that is calling is the one who has purchased the account.

You can also write up a cease and desist letter to help limit the phone calls.

Remember: Get everything in writing and stay off the phone with the CA's - Letters are your best friends during the credit repair/DV process :)

Good to hear you are started on this journey - Patience young credit repairer :)

Thanks Esquire

After 2 mind boggling days of reading as much as I can on this great site one thing Ive learned that will happen CA's will make a mistake. I think I just got the first one. The CA on my CR is a completely diff. name and address then the one that is calling and writing. I am thinking that they are somehow the same company or linked somehow maybe this can be considered an inaccuracy? This account is to new to have been sold to another CA it was just put on my CR last month and the account itself is less than 6 months old.

Thanks Esquire

After 2 mind boggling days of reading as much as I can on this great site one thing Ive learned that will happen CA's will make a mistake. I think I just got the first one. The CA on my CR is a completely diff. name and address then the one that is calling and writing. I am thinking that they are somehow the same company or linked somehow maybe this can be considered an inaccuracy? This account is to new to have been sold to another CA it was just put on my CR last month and the account itself is less than 6 months old.

They could be linked, but I would make sure. I've always dealt with the people that are calling me or writing me the letters. CA's love throwing around accounts.

if you are debating settling this debt ......

do it with the hospital ...... the original creditor

True, if the hospital is willing to work with you...settle with them.

Always try to settle with the OC, but usually whenever the debt is sold off to a CA, you will have to work with the CA; OC won't deal with you or they will just direct you to the current CA.