I applied for a Lowe's card and got an instant approval of $600.00. It took 2 weeks to get the card in the mail. I also applied at sears and got the 10 day wait and got the denial letter on the same day I received the Lowe's card. Aren't they all GEMB cards? How can one approve you and the other deny? That is so crazy! But, Sears loss is someone else's gain.

I applied for a Lowe's card and got an instant approval of $600.00. It took 2 weeks to get the card in the mail. I also applied at sears and got the 10 day wait and got the denial letter on the same day I received the Lowe's card. Aren't they all GEMB cards? How can one approve you and the other deny? That is so crazy! But, Sears loss is someone else's gain.

Lowe's is GEMB, but Sears is either Citi or more recently HSBC. Not one in the same.

Also, remember in this credit market you can be turned down because SEARS maybe restricting all lines of new credit. I believe I read that the cc's are reducing $2 Trillion in lines this year - that has to affect the number of new credit lines being opened.