Want to send PFD letter do I pay the CA or OC

deesh10

Hello

I owe about $1000 to a company that leases apartments, the company has assigned a CA for collection, my CR has a collection report as D-unpaid in Equifax, but for Transunion I had disputed and looks like they have removed it I do not see it on my CR in Transunion,

So I decided that I want to rather pay off and request Pay for Delete so I get a clean CR.So do I have to send the Pay To delete request to the CA or the OC? And if the CA does not agree do I have to keep on sending PFD letters?what are my options also If the CA agrees is it safe to pay it off to the CA and do I need to get any confirmations from the OC. I intend to send all requests in writing

Thanks

It's almost always preferable to deal with the OC if they still own the debt but you must keep in mind that you also need to make sure than any agreement to delete the negative tradeline(s) must cover who is reporting.

If the OC and the CA are both reporting then you have to deal with both...if it's just the CA then trying to exclude the CA could be problematic.

Thanks for your replies the to put it in a better way

The CR says its the CA who has reported it and the CA has listed the name of the leasing agency as Client in one of the letters sent to me by CA. Does this mean the OC still owns the account and the CA is just trying to collect it,

In this case should I send an PFD letter to the CA since the OC has not reported it ?

I called the OC and tried to get the details the OC said they turned it over to the CA. I asked if the CA owns this account OC said yes, I asked if CA is responsible for reporting it to Credit bureaus OC said yes, but OC also said I can settle the account with OC if I want to

So should I go ahead and send a PFD to the CA ?

Again on my CR I see

Collections by ABC collection agency

Client : XYZ company

So does this mean only CA has reported to the CR and if they agree to remove then I should be good?

I called the OC and tried to get the details the OC said they turned it over to the CA. I asked if the CA owns this account OC said yes, I asked if CA is responsible for reporting it to Credit bureaus OC said yes, but OC also said I can settle the account with OC if I want to

So should I go ahead and send a PFD to the CA ?

Again on my CR I see

Collections by ABC collection agency

Client : XYZ company

So does this mean only CA has reported to the CR and if they agree to remove then I should be good?

That's contradictory information which always raises all kinds of red flags with me...if the original creditor has sold the account to another entity then the OC absolutely CAN NOT accept payment form you.

I suggest you start at ground Zero - start the DV process with the CA and establish who actually owns the debt (as well as any other information you need to clarify). Be persistent and don't let them give you the run-around and don't pay them a penny until you know what's what...let them know you are willing to settle the debt with whoever is most appropriate but you aren't going to just send someone money because they ask you to.

Now, CAs aren't really used to people who may be willing to pay so you may have to beat this over their head for a while but eventually, if you can find someone there with a brain, you should be able to get the information you need to know who to settle with and how much to settle for to accomplish what you want.

Thanks for your reply...the DV is kind of done in my case not through the letter though when I first saw this on my Credit report I called the CA and asked him what this was all about and send all details...So they sent me the breakdown of money I owe and why,all signed documents of the original creditor bills etc....and the CA letter mentions : Here are the details you requested from our client: OC name..so looks like they are collecting on behalf of the original creditor......so I am kinda confused now I know that the original creditor some time ago when I was not aware of this forum was trying to negotiate the amount so, should I try to deal with the OC directly then CA would be a problem right!! how should I get the records deleted

• 3 weeks later...

Need help!! I sent out a PFD to the CA as they are the one who reported to the Credit bureaus I got a call from the CA they said they will not delete the records from the Credit report they will update the records saying paid in Full that is all they can do.....

What other options do I have?