experian validated in 2 days

smoothbore26

hello i disputed lvnv with experian and came back verified in 2 days also disputed with equifax and was deleted now today i get the letter from resurgent stating the account has been placed with them and the enclosed validation of debt which says .."at the time the account was acquied by sears sears advised the balence 2000.00 since that time additional fees,interest have been allowed for a new balence 2400.00"...what a bunch of bs that is what there validation letter is. So if anyone can help me with the next step here is that would be great..also remember i have already been taken to small claims by lvnv and they lost the case ..thank you

hello i disputed lvnv with experian and came back verified in 2 days also disputed with equifax and was deleted now today i get the letter from resurgent stating the account has been placed with them and the enclosed validation of debt which says .."at the time the account was acquied by sears sears advised the balence 2000.00 since that time additional fees,interest have been allowed for a new balence 2400.00"...what a bunch of bs that is what there validation letter is. So if anyone can help me with the next step here is that would be great..also remember i have already been taken to small claims by lvnv and they lost the case ..thank you

I'm confused...you title the post "experian validated in 2 days" (apparently assuming there is something wrong with that) then you go on about validation received from resurgent and you want to know what your "next step" should be???

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

...If its out of SOL call LVNV and demand they remove the tradeline. Make a copy of the transcript from court and send it to the credit bureaus with a demand letter that they remove it.

How does the debt being OOS equate to the ability of the consumer to demand a tradeline be removed?

Unless the case when full-course and the consumer found to not owe the debt the creditor still has the right to report for the allowable reporting period.

I'm not even sure that a case being dismissed with prejudice would mean that the creditor must remove the tradeline.

I guess my title was off a little, I am working on getting this removed from the reports to improve my score i was kind of confused to why it only took 2 days(EX no deletion) vs the full 30 from EQ with a deletion. The date of the first delenquency was 9/2002 so that puts it out of the sol in CT even if sol is from date of last payment which was 4/03. The other question i am wondering about is how they can cycle this account within the sherman family(lvnv,resurgent ect..) and keep bumping up the amount owed as well as reporting it as a open account with monthly updates. The debt validation letter from resurgent proved nothing other than they are collecting a debt from original creditor(sears) and current creditor(lvnv) LVNV is not my current creditor..thank you for your replys

It sounds as if it's getting close to the end of the allowable reporting period but not there yet (SOL for legal recourse has nothing to do with how long the tradeline can be reported).

The amount owed may be changing because they are charging interest; if your state and the original contract allows it then there is nothing wrong with that happening. As to the passing it around; it happens all the time, more often than not actually...they may keep trying to collect for years even after the SOL and the reporting period have long passed.

DV LVNV directly as well as every single one of their subsideraries, all CMRRR. It will stop them from passing it around among their CAs. Also, file a complaint with the Atty General of SC. Other posters on this board have said that there have been enough complaints from people that they're looking into them.

DV LVNV directly as well as every single one of their subsideraries, all CMRRR. It will stop them from passing it around among their CAs. Also, file a complaint with the Atty General of SC. Other posters on this board have said that there have been enough complaints from people that they're looking into them.

How would that stop them from passing it around?

You can't DV a collection agency (even one wholly owned by the JDB) if that CA hasn't tried to collect the debt.

Beyond that, DV's have to be submitted timely before the entity trying to collect (JDB and/or any CA) has to stop collection activities until the validate.

Of course, the consumer can dispute and request validation at any time from anyone engaging in collection activities but that won't necessarily stop the activity.

You can't DV a collection agency (even one wholly owned by the JDB) if that CA hasn't tried to collect the debt.

I could be wrong, but if they report it on a credit report - that could be considered first contact and debt collection activity.

I could be wrong, but if they report it on a credit report - that could be considered first contact and debt collection activity.

I agree...if they are reporting then you are right.

I wasn't really thinking along those lines as jennieb seemed to be advocating a "preemptive strike"; before any dunning letters or reporting. :)

While I agree the 7 year reporting period has nothing to do with reporting a tradeline that is OOS, but when a JDB sues in court and loses and does not refile or appeal, now the debt is OOS I have gotten them removed.

Technically they can think you owe them still, legally they cannot get anything.

People get perfectly accurate negative tradelines removed all the time for various reasons but that doesn't mean someone else can come along and do the same thing even with the same bureau and same DF. :)