Which credit report should I order?

Zeroskillet

I just posted this on a separate thread (apologize if it's a duplicate for some folks):

You are entitled to one free credit report a year -- but AnnualCreditReport.com is the ONLY online source regulated by the Federal Trade Commission.

If you order your “free” report through FreeCreditReport.com, Experian will automatically enroll you in a credit monitoring service that charges a monthly fee. Here’s the fine print on their site that you may not catch:

“When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple Advantage(sm) Credit Monitoring. If you don’t cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period, you will be billed $12 for each month that you continue your membership.“

Does a 7-day trial period give you enough time to really try the service? The "word" on the Internet is that “unsubscribing” from Experian’s Triple Advantage program required months of phone calls, e-mails, and online forms.

The FTC has received so many complaints about FreeCreditReport.com that they recently launched two of their own hipster videos with catchy tunes. I can't post the links, but you can probably find them with a quick Google search.