Sold Accounts

kiaras1

Hi,:)++

I have a question.... :confused:I'm a little confused.....:confused:

Once an account is deleted from credit it can't appear anymore on credit, right?

What if it's sold and is reporting again after some time under another company?:rolleyes:

What can I do About It? :roll:Is it legal?:?:

So long as it's reported accurately, any creditor whether it be the original creditor or a subsequent creditor (JDB) can report the negative tradeline for approzimately 7.5 years from the date that the account first became deliquent without ever being brought current.

Likewise, any collection agent currently retained by the creditor (current or subsequent) can also report (again, so long as it's accurately reported and is within the allowable reporting period).

There are a number of things you can do that may or may not be successful...you can dispute any inaccuracies; you can attempt to settle the debt in return for the deletion of the tradeline or you can try to catch the data furnisher in the "catch 22" of the FCRA/FDCPA or you can ask nicely that they not report the tradeline (I'm assuming here that the debt itself is valid and really your obligation).