Illinois tax lien

lmzajac

Ahhhh! Can anyone help? My husband apparently owed taxes in Illinois dating back from 1996. He set up a payment plan and has been paying as agreed. Every month it's automatically taken from his checking account. In January the state of Illinois reported on all 3 credit reports that there is a tax lien. Is this legal even though he has been paying as agreed for 3 years? I'm under the impression that if someone is paying as agreed then it cannot be reported. Also, how do we get this off of his reports? When we called the sate they said it is department policy to put it on a credit report even though someone pays as agreed and it is also department policy to not remove it for a credit report. The woman said that it is up to the credit bureaus to remove it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Ahhhh! Can anyone help? My husband apparently owed taxes in Illinois dating back from 1996. He set up a payment plan and has been paying as agreed. Every month it's automatically taken from his checking account. In January the state of Illinois reported on all 3 credit reports that there is a tax lien. Is this legal even though he has been paying as agreed for 3 years? I'm under the impression that if someone is paying as agreed then it cannot be reported. Also, how do we get this off of his reports? When we called the sate they said it is department policy to put it on a credit report even though someone pays as agreed and it is also department policy to not remove it for a credit report. The woman said that it is up to the credit bureaus to remove it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

what are the status of their reporting .are they reporting this tax Lien as paid?

If they are not reporting it paid or paying as agreed then you have the chance to dispute is for incorrect reporting.