Anyone watch "Big Love" on HBO?

Chester P. Dexter

That's what I was referring to on the game thread.

I stand by my observations.. the Ana debacle was unrealistic and poorly tied up. Also, it is not realistic or in-character (in my opinion) that Bill would shun Nicki and send her to live in an apartment. I know he gets mad now and then, but come on.

Anyone else? Favorite characters? How about that Selma Green?

That's what I was referring to on the game thread.

I stand by my observations.. the Ana debacle was unrealistic and poorly tied up. Also, it is not realistic or in-character (in my opinion) that Bill would shun Nicki and send her to live in an apartment. I know he gets mad now and then, but come on.

Anyone else? Favorite characters? How about that Selma Green?

I watch it "religiously". Lol. No my wife and I tuned in out of curiosity when it first came out and we got hooked. Every Sunday night we were watching! The season is unfortunately over....:(

You don't think a cheating and lying spouse would be shunned? Nicki was undermining the entire family! He gave her more opportunities than I would have.

And the Ana thing? It appears she realized there were too many hens in the cockhouse. :lol:

LOL...

But Bill is such a pushover. Notice how he hardly gets mad, and never stays mad?

Nicki is my favorite; Barb makes me want to barf. Nicki didn't exactly "cheat"... at least not in the way Bill did with Ana!

I think he likes Nicki despite her flaws. I just thought it would be more realistic if he took away some of her privileges, made her life miserable... but off-site in an apartment, under threat of divorce - that's the part I didn't find believable. I don't think there's much divorce in that culture. Just misery-making. :twisted::p

Haha. Nicki is a undermining witch. She sneaks around and tries her hardest to make other people look bad. Very angry! How could you like her???? :p

I like Barb the best because she takes charge of the situation and acts like an adult. Margie looks like she'd be a lot of fun but it would be like having a child in the home. I was glad to see Ana go- she didn't fit in anyway.

The acting in that show is top notch. Bill Paxton really pulls it off. I forget the actor's name that plays the prophet- he is unbelievable. You want to hate him w/in a few seconds of watching. He has supporting actor roles in many other movies. The last one I saw was Alpha Dog. Great movie.

I try to needle my husband into telling me which woman (women) he likes best. I thought he would like Margene but I was wrong. Wouldn't any man like Margene?

I think he let it slip that he sort of likes Barb, and I think he likes Nicki best. Maybe he and i like Nicki because she reminds me of myself. :twisted: eh, sorry. I'm actually nice. But I'm no Barb.

My personal favorite is Joey. Now there's a hunk of a man. Although Alby is kind of intriguing, too.

I'm not a guy but I'm guessing if I were one I'd like Wanda. I mean, I already think Wanda is the coolest! I think my husband likes Wanda, too!

Just got him on the IM. He said "Wanda or Nicky - but I would be scared of either of them."