Help with Answer

Can you answer both of these the same?

Defendant admits that all of the statements of the complaint or cross-complaint are true EXCEPT:

(1) Defendant claims the following statements are false (use paragraph numbers or explain):

Defendant has no information or belief that the following statements are true, so defendant denies them (use

paragraph numbers or explain):

I take the Complaint and go one by one and either admit or deny their charge. Here is a format that I have used

EX:

Answer

COMES NOW the Defendant ___________, answers and says:

Count I and Count II

1. that the Defendant agrees to the rhetorical paragraph number 1 and 2,

but denies rhetorical paragraph number 3.

2. that the Defendant denies rhetorical paragraph number 4.

3. that the Defendant in its entirety denies rhetorical paragraph number 5.

4. that the Defendant denies rhetorical paragraph number 6.

5. that the Defendant denies rhetorical paragraph number 7.

6. that the Defendant in Count I deny rhetorical paragraph number 8.

WHEREFORE, the Defendant prays and requests that the Complaint be dismissed on the

basis that relief cannot be granted in this cause.

Hope this helps

I may not have been clear enough. The statements are on a form that CALIF used for an answer to summons, I think its to make it easier to answer the summons? However I am a bit confused.

Defendant admits that all of the statements of the complaint or cross-complaint are true EXCEPT:

(1) Defendant claims the following statements are false (use paragraph numbers or explain): **YOUR ANSWER HERE***

Defendant has no information or belief that the following statements are true, so defendant denies them (use

paragraph numbers or explain): ***YOUR ANSWER HERE***