what do I answer when...

the lawyer for the collection agency argues about my objection to the CA's affidavit as hearsay. I dont imagine that he will be ok with my knowing more than the average person (thanks greatly to this site!!!). I just want to be fully prepared when I go to battle!!

admin, i havent said anything yet...pre-trial is set for 6-2-09. I ask because the only evidence that they have is the affidavit from the CA saying that I owe this debt. When I object to it as hearsay, i can only imagine, that he will want a reason for my objection. They cannot produce anything other than this affidavit and I intend on getting that tossed out. What I am wanting to know is the reason that the affidavit is hearsay. I am guessing it is because the CA doesnt have personal knowledge of the account between myself and the OC, but I would like to know for sure so I dont sound like an a$$ in front of the judge.. thanks for all your help

Kevin

admin, i havent said anything yet...pre-trial is set for 6-2-09. I ask because the only evidence that they have is the affidavit from the CA saying that I owe this debt. When I object to it as hearsay, i can only imagine, that he will want a reason for my objection. They cannot produce anything other than this affidavit and I intend on getting that tossed out. What I am wanting to know is the reason that the affidavit is hearsay. I am guessing it is because the CA doesnt have personal knowledge of the account between myself and the OC, but I would like to know for sure so I dont sound like an a$$ in front of the judge.. thanks for all your help

Kevin

The reason that it's hearsay:

1. The CA does not have intimate knowledge of the creation of the debt

2. They have no chain of custody documentation

3. They have no documentation on how the debt was calculated.