Jump to content

Being sued for wrong amount. Need advice.

Recommended Posts

I've been trying to find the answer to my question on these boards, but haven't had success. I was just served for a civil lawsuit in the amount of $12,977.62. It's for a medical bill. My question is, I have proof from my insurance that my portion of responsibility is in the amount of $9858.80. The hospital sold my debt to a CA. Now they are taking me to court. Do I answer the summons with the letter from my insurance company? What do you do when you're being sued for the wrong amount? The reason I never paid anything was because the hospital was overcharging me. I don't have the smarts or time to do this on my own. Anyone have any idea how much a lawyer would charge for a case like this? I'm in California; or how do I go about hiring a reputtable attorney?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.