Initial Contact

Devildawgjj

If you have a TL that is in collections and not activly being collected on, couldn't you call them up, ask them questions and then send out a 809 letter.

It seems to me that you shouldn't have to wait around for the "dunning letter" and that way they would have to answer your letter since you have made the initial contact per that section. Then your 1-2 punch wouldn't be a waist.

What are your thoughts?

I've always waited for the dunning letter b/c my accounts were switching collection agencies pretty quickly. Usually after the first or 2nd DV letter, the account would switch collection agencies, next dunning letter, and the process would start all over.

However, it worked out for the best b/c the collection agencies stopped bothering me, and somehow I received a letter stating the account would be removed from my CR.

So if you do make the initial contact, make sure it's the correct CA, and make sure you've figured out the SOL. Sometimes it's nice to wait these situations out.

If it hasn't jumped CA's I'm sure it won't now. This CA is saying I opened an account in spring of 2006. I have Military orders placing me else where. I would like to 1-2 punch them, but I don't want to waist my time. This TL is from 2004, but I have no proof on my part. It was a rental car.

So, what to do??

If it hasn't jumped CA's I'm sure it won't now. This CA is saying I opened an account in spring of 2006. I have Military orders placing me else where. I would like to 1-2 punch them, but I don't want to waist my time. This TL is from 2004, but I have no proof on my part. It was a rental car.

So, what to do??

First, I wouldn't call them anymore: talking to CA's on the phone is one thing I've learned from this site.

2. It doesn't hurt to start the DV process; they will tell you anything over the phone. I never think starting the DV process or sending any type of letter to a CA is a waste of time. If I thought that, I wouldn't have seen the improvement in my scores.

Go for it, man! You never know...