What Dose This Mean?

cj1capp

This account I had DV and Havent made a payment on in over 4 years today this shows up on my cr are they saying I made a payment ?

American Gen Fin

Account number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Account information disputed by consumer

The account status has changed to "Payment after charge off/collection " from "Charged off as bad debt"

Other Account American Gen Fin

Status as of [?]

Aug, 2003

Date opened [?]

Feb, 2003

Date of last activity [?]

Aug, 2003

Date paid out [?]

Oct, 2007

Date closed [?]

Aug, 2003

Account number [?]

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Loan type [?]

Secured

Credit limit [?]

Not Reported

Largest past balance [?]

$0

Terms [?]

80 Monthly

Account Type [?]

Installment Account

Account holder [?]

Individual Account

Scheduled payment amount [?]

$392

Descriptions [?]

• Account information disputed by consumer

Spoke with people at AGF and credit one they booth say I haven’t made a payment in over 4 years but some how it was just reported that I just made one ,I haven’t. the balance now went from 0 to over 8,000 what do I do Credit one wants me to fax them a copy of my credit report to verify what I say should I do this?

I would be a little leary of sending a CA my credit report. They can pull it anytime they want to...why make you send it?

I would dispute the trade line first with the CRA's and see what happens. When you dispute it...the CRA's will ask AGF to verify.

thank you

The account status has changed to "Payment after charge off/collection " from "Charged off as bad debt"

This is kind of misleading, but I've seen it before to indicate that they sold the account, so as far as they are concerned, they got paid after charge off.

The balance must be 0 and the date of last activity should have stayed the same as it was before they sold it.

This is kind of misleading, but I've seen it before to indicate that they sold the account, so as far as they are concerned, they got paid after charge off.

The balance must be 0 and the date of last activity should have stayed the same as it was before they sold it.

I think you are correct

mu next question is i just got a certified letter and its from crditone i cant get the letter till friday due to work just woundering what the letter most likley is why would they send me a certified letter Im thinking summons I bet i diont sleep for the next couple of days.