Quick Question Regarding Out of State Collection Company

D_P

I am in Illinois and have an oustanding collection with UCB. When I try to search for their corp in the Illinois database, I cannot find them. My question is this, in order for them to pursue this debt given that I am a resident in Illinois, would they have to be registered in this state to do business in?

Assuming they have to do this and they didn't, is that an angle I can take with them or am I just reaching to far?

Thanks,

D_P

I am in Illinois and have an oustanding collection with UCB. When I try to search for their corp in the Illinois database, I cannot find them. My question is this, in order for them to pursue this debt given that I am a resident in Illinois, would they have to be registered in this state to do business in?

Assuming they have to do this and they didn't, is that an angle I can take with them or am I just reaching to far?

Thanks,

D_P

It depends on what Illinois requires for "foreign" debt collection companies...the requirements vary a great deal from state to state.

Also, be sure to read the 'Sticky' called "NYC Requires Collectors, Some Debt Buyers And Collection Lawyers To Be Licensed".

NYC is obviously not in the state of Illinois, but the concepts and at least some points are relevant. Perhaps you'll find some helpful hints there.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265470