$39 Pay for delete WFFNB?

divinemadness

Ok, so on EX WFFNB shows "legally paid in full for less than balance.." blah blah... "paid in settlement" ect.

account was opened in 2003. didnt manage correctly.. 2007 I decided to call and work out the debt to fix the TL on my CR's.

well somehow I paid $279, and now the CR's show a balance of $39.

I've fought with this account since 2007 in disputes ect, and i cant get it to fall off tu and ex permanetly.. but eq its been gone.

do you think its advisable to send a letter, or call the woman back i dealt with and negotiate to pay the remaining $39 for total deletion of the TL and history? I still have the copy of the check I paid the other half with and her contact info.

the account still shows horrid payment history which is got EX down in the gutter. TU no payment history.

i mean 18, 120 day lates, posted in the payment history for TU!!! 18!!! from 05-07. and it hasnt updated since june 07 with a late, and then continues to update every month until feb 09, as KD, key derogatory. (ive looked over past CR's for the older data.)

What should I do here?

is this hurting my score? it has to be, i cant find really anything else terrible that would cause such a score imbalance btwn the 3 CRB's.

can they even still report bad? they are! everymonth... though its says account closed, settled, legally paid in full for less than the full balance. :confused:

I don't see anyway it can be reported as a late pmt history after it was leagaly paid in full. It is past time to send a nasty gram to the DF and see what they have to say. Do some research find your violations and fire up the ITS letter. As far as 39 bones for a PFD I doubt it but you never know, personally I would be going the violations route.